Vortex not able to access file(s)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

avnpa

avnpa

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 86 posts

I have had Vortex installed for about 6 months with no issues. Today on opening Vortex with Skyrim SE as default loading game I got this "Vortex needs access to (several files in the Appdata roaming/local  folders) but doesn't have permission.  If your account has admin rights Vortex can unlock this file for you."  I click give permission, another files comes up and I give permission for that this happens several times then begins to cycle through the list again. I am sure all files are set for write access and UAC is disabled.  Checked the security tab and all on the list have full access.  Do I delete Vortex and reinstall or am I missing something.  I last closed the program with SSE as the program, I'd like to see if its just SSE or other programs as well but don't know if I can open it any other way.  Any help appreciated

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,131 posts

It's because you have UAC disabled.

Turn on UAC

avnpa

avnpa

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 86 posts

OK, but I had turned this off a year ago, long before tis started.  Thanks

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 12,961 posts

Can you see if it happens for other games? Did Vortex close unexpectedly at any point? Does the issue persist after a system restart? 

It sounds like one or more files are locked by something. 

avnpa

avnpa

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 86 posts

Yes, after restart as well.  Happens to fallout 4 as well.  It does appear something is blocking it.  I have deleted the file(s) and they are repopulate and updated but still have this issue. 

oswaldogold

oswaldogold

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have had Vortex installed for about 6 months with no issues. Today on opening Vortex with Skyrim SE as default loading game I got this "Vortex needs access to (several files in the Appdata roaming/local  folders) but doesn't have permission.  If your account has admin rights Vortex can unlock this file for you."  I click give permission, another files comes up and I give permission for that this happens several times then begins to cycle through the list again. I am sure all files are set for write access and UAC is disabled.  Checked the security tab and all on the list have full access.  Do I delete Vortex and reinstall or am I missing something.  I last closed the program with SSE as the program, I'd like to see if its just SSE or other programs as well but don't know if I can open it any other way.  Any help appreciated

I have the same problem, how can I activate the UAC? and what is UAC

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 15,131 posts

I have the same problem, how can I activate the UAC? and what is UAC

UAC is in WINDOWS.

https://articulate.c...f-in-windows-10

Page loaded in: 1.005 seconds