SKSE64 updated - now it won't start Skyrim

Shahariel

The problem that I have is when I launch SKSE, it says it can't detect SkyrimSE.exe. All the mods are up to date and I even downloaded SKSE multiple times. It ran fine until Loot told me to update SKSE. I also got a warning to not run the program because of possible unsafe software.

EDIT. I got it to work, but only after installing the previous version of SKSE.

My son helped clear up my latest run in with SKSE64. He said my problem was not creating an exception for SKSE64 in my virus checker. Anyway, it worked like a charm after he did his two minute fix for me. Wish he lived closer and then I could experiment and mess my game up more often.

Yeah, got Skyrim running for about two minutes, then SkyUI started to think it was not enabled, and such important mods like SSE Engine Fixes won't work despite following the installation instruction to a letter... after re-downloading and updating all mods for the last week and trying about 30 different solutions I seem to be forced to use simply those mods that do not use SKSE /SkyUI since I'm obviously not capable to use anything that requires a minimum grasp of programming. And if THAT won't work, I'm going to jump through the nearest oblivion gate and resume to play games fitted for my level of technical grasp - Candy crush or something....

Hey, at least this topic helped some others to get their games up and running.

I am having a similar issue... Ever since SKSE was updated, I have not been able to have it activate and actually run... Have updated all mods... uninstalled everything including Vortex and reinstalled multiple times and yet I am unable to get SKSE to show as active... And needless to say I was using many mods (like 40 plus) and many were SKSE dependent... Have zero clue what the issue might be, have changed profiles and started entirely new profiles loading the bare minimum to see if SKSE will be acknowledged and run... Is rather frustrating since i just spent a veritable crap ton of money on a new PC simply for the ability to be able to play Skyrim again... I have a Ryzen 9 processor and 32 GB RAM... With an INVIDIA RTX 2060 Super card... And suddenly out of the blue I cant run a game that is what 10 years old or so???