How to fix issue where constant effect applied after item is removed?

oceanclub

This is probably related to updating mods at some point: when I look at my character, I can see effects applied for items removed, or in some case the effect applied _double_ if they are wearing the item. For example, they have a +15 Shirt of Strength - hovering over the Strength att shows that applied twice. Another +15 bonus is there from an item they are no longer wearing. Any help appreciated,

When updating mods that change your characters stats, or apply stat changes, you should always remove the item(s) from your character, and make sure they aren't wearing anything that changes stats, then update the mod.

Otherwise you have to fiddle around with the console using the Set<AV> <#> command, which I don't like to do.

For instance if the shirt is giving you permanent +15 strength, you'd (REMOVE THE SHIRT FIRST!!) type in SetStrength N with N being your strength AFTER you subtracted 15 from it.
So if your strength is 115, then you'd Remove the shirt and any other thing that changes your strength, and type in SetStrength 100