What's the problem with big breasted followers? (SFW - No crude content)

avidichard

Well, as far as female followers go, I think Vilja has a wonderful personality, and so does Auri from Song of the Green, Sofia is annoying and strange and I would give a diagnosis of Aspergers, but there's depth there, and she's good underneath. Recorder has a great personality, and the concept of who and what and WHERE she is, or is from, is fantastic, and they are the only ones I can speak to. Aurlyn Dawnstone has an eventually grating, self centred, condescending hubris ridden personality, and is thoroughly a braggard and brovado laiden, but has some redeeming features, just an OP centre of the world Princess, that becomes pretty reprehensible the more you play with her.... BUT even then THAT also IS a personality, and one that's atypical and of some depth.

None of them have Waif physiques with Triple F cups.... and they are some of the more detailed, and comprehensive followers... in fact... I would say NO follower comes close in terms of personality, depth, and immersion than Vilja, and she's self-aware of her love handles and freckles yo! That's the real shizzle right there.

So from my own experiences, all the BEST female CC Followers, certainly all the ones with actual custom dialogue scripting and custom voices, are, in fact, far removed from the life raft busted hussies that keep popping up. Sure, most of the aforementioned are years old and maybe need some updates/overhauls, but they are all pretty tame in the boob department.

More, I have found all of them to be reasonably balanced and competent in combat, and not OP at all, beyond the level 30 cap placed on most vanilla NPCs.

I think the problem is, that it is MUCH easier to create a VISUALLY different NPC using the base NPC template, than to create an ALL NEW, custom, including custom skills, features, dialogue, skills, looks, and true custom voice acting, follower.

No one seems to be doing the latter really, atm, so we find that there's a ton of anime followers, or big boobed waif bodied big booty sloots showing up as female follower mods, because they get DL from all the folks using Sex mods.

Maybe one day a new generation of proper Vilja or Sofia or Recoder level custom female followers will show up. Hopefully without airbags.

None of them have Waif physiques with Triple F cups....

It doesn't matter whether a follower comes with large or small or ginormous manga breasts out of the box because, unless a person is lazy or unwilling to learn, that follower's body can be tailored to have EXACTLY the dimensions that one finds appealing or interesting. Even I've succeeded in doing it, and I'm just a wee bit shy of village idiocy with respect to 3D modeling.

For "ease of use" and sanity it's best to focus on designing a desired "replacer" body in BodySlide, one body to rule them all (with wide weight variation), and then also apply that same body to the desired follower if she uses a custom body, and then finally use BodySlide to tailor the vanilla or replacer and all standalone clothing to fit that body. Having done that, there will be peace of mind knowing that any NPC or follower can wear anything without issues of clipping or distracting changes in morphology... and hopefully no distracting neck or other seams to be fixed.

None of them have Waif physiques with Triple F cups....

It doesn't matter whether a follower comes with large or small or ginormous manga breasts out of the box because, unless a person is lazy or unwilling to learn, that follower's body can be tailored to have EXACTLY the dimensions that one finds appealing or interesting. Even I've succeeded in doing it, and I'm just a wee bit shy of village idiocy with respect to 3D modeling.

For "ease of use" and sanity it's best to focus on designing a desired "replacer" body in BodySlide, one body to rule them all (with wide weight variation), and then also apply that same body to the desired follower if she uses a custom body, and then finally use BodySlide to tailor the vanilla or replacer and all standalone clothing to fit that body. Having done that, there will be peace of mind knowing that any NPC or follower can wear anything without issues of clipping or distracting changes in morphology... and hopefully no distracting neck or other seams to be fixed.

That requires not only skills, but other programes too, some of us just do not have that in us, or perhaps do not have the hardware, or room, or whatnot.

It would be nice if the Hentai crowd was not the only sector making Female followers these days.

I am sure for people with the nouse and time and capabilities their end.... conversion is an option, but for lot's of us, that simply put, is WAY too much hard work.... especially since there's no good fully custom voice acted female followers being made anyway.

If the 2020 version of Vilja comes out, or Sofia, or a new Recorder, then sure, yes, we might be tempted to at least try, though I suspect half a dozen replacers/reimaginings would pop up within a week or two anyway, making it moot.... but for the same old same old, rehashed vanilla voice assets, limited interaction UI, cookie cutter followers we're getting?

Easier to just ignore that trash.

Will we be seduced by new AI interactive capabilities in TES VI? Has Bethesda in the intervening years found ways to streamline the process of creating artificial personalities and giving voice to them? From what little I know of it, the structure in the existing TES V engine is flexible, but it has an abundance of loose and moving parts that must be assembled just so before the result is believable. That is the "back end" behind the voice acting and even the dialogue scripting, and it's significant.

That requires not only skills, but other programes too, some of us just do not have that in us, or perhaps do not have the hardware, or room, or whatnot.

It does require some skills, but those can be learned with practice.

As far as programs hardware etc...nah.

Download and install The Manipulator from LL. (it is a mod just like any other mod)

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/6288-the-manipulator-by-ffabris-for-se/

(I'd recommend visiting the page and doing your due diligence, not just going for the download link. can't recall if it has dependencies beyond those we normally install)

The Manipulator provides a link to targeted NPC racemenu (albeit abbreviated in that there's no camera control no facial scripting, and no presets) . In fact, the MCM allows you to assign a hotkey so you don't have to piss around with going into the MCM to call racemenu for the targeted NPC

beyond that it's up to you. The easiest thing would be to use the "bodyscales" section of racemenu and simply reduce the breast size, (either one or two sliders) although you may find yourself tweaking more and more as time goes by.

EFF also taps into RaceMenu in its submenus, but if that is all that is desired from Manipulator then someone else has brewed the mod for you: Standalone EFF Cosmetic Menu. As @anjenthedog said it's a subset of RaceMenu: you are allowed "morph" sliders and body overlays/tattoos, but nothing about the face can be changed. You can't even change the body's weight factor, because that would also require altering the head/neck, which is off limits, to avoid seams. The morphs ONLY apply to the body and not the clothes they wear, so it's not a good substitute for learning how to use BodySlide to do things the right way.

Again, to both of you though, whilst I can appreciate the suggestions... ONE... work... TWO... with whom....

Why in the ever loving f*ck would ANYONE go to that trouble, for the cookie cutter, samey same, little boxes, rehashed vanilla voice assets, waif bodied, bubble butted, big boobed, nobodies, with not a single unique feature, that being tossed up as custom female followers these days?

As I said, I very much agree with the OP.

They are crap, and worthless, and it's a damn shame.

I

I had to express myself. I am so tired af all those big breasts like triple D's and up. Most follower mods these days all have huge breasts. Normal life people don't have huge breasts like that, well, I mean, not ALL woman have the same breast size. I like breasts, hey, I'm a guy. But common, the only thing you see with characters are the huge melons. I think that modders should permit a seperate package for different sized breasts.

Some followers are beautiful, honestly, and I'm a install-and-play-right-now type of modder for skyrim. I don't go play arround with the files to change what I want in INI, INF or other config files from other mods except those like ENB and the skyrem prefs file.

When I click on those images to see that beautiful follower, I am immediately turned off by all those huge breasts and just close the tab and ignore this mod. Can't the modders be less generous and do B or C cup sizes? Those breasts are also beautiful and don't hinder tha game play. Same thing for jiggly butts. We don't need to see oversized hips with fat over sized over-jiggly butts. See, Sofia is a nice female follower and does not have huge breasts, that's ONE single example, I know there are nore nice additions out there.

So yep, I don't know if others agree with me. I'm just expressing myself, you can most definately post comment if you DO like big breasts or if you agree with me or add your other opinions, but, there, mine is posted. Please keep this SFW.

AGREE , i like the more nature looking ... modders have been going full retard with the DDDDDD size retarded

Why in the ever loving f*ck would ANYONE go to that trouble, for the cookie cutter, samey same, little boxes, rehashed vanilla voice assets, waif bodied, bubble butted, big boobed, nobodies, with not a single unique feature, that being tossed up as custom female followers these days?

I don't. I have a custom 3BBB body that I finally learned to design (still don't have a perfect outfit version), and I now apply that to EVERY standalone follower as well as replacing the vanilla body. So... I'm not going to the trouble that I described with Manipulator or Cosmetic Menu. And I went on a NexusMods rampage when I began playing SSE this year, looking specifically for custom-voiced followers, because I really didn't see the point in ones with vanilla voices any longer. I still have some of those, too, but they exist so that I can eventually at some point capture their facegen data for more general use.

Then don't install the big boobed mods...? Shrug. Honestly I have no idea why they're so popular or why, if you don't like them, you're focused on them. Personally, I like ..well nvm I just like smaller, shapely breasts and don't use them, I create my own basic models by tweaking the more modest stock body models (athletic, slim, etc). Once the base body is built and applied, racemenu helps a ton for stopping that gravity defying silicon breast implant look of the "stock" CBBE breast, using bodyscale and the 3BBB settings, and smp response smooths the whole thing out.

As far as AI goes, even the more "advanced" ones get a bit repetitive. nothing's perfect. I try to make the most of what I have.