Elder Scrolls Stonekeep bug.

bug bugs glitch

5 replies to this topic

BooMasterUK

BooMasterUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi, I know this is a modding site but I am not sure where else to ask about bugs.

On one of my characters (a heroic character I designed to go straight to the main quest), I do not have Stonekeep marked on my map and when ever I talk to queen Blubamka she acts like I have the quest but haven't finished it yet "you could not recover the parchment".

Any advice is appreciated, I don't want to have to re-create my character but it seems like I may. 

AVGVSTA

AVGVSTA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I can help with this. Associated with every save is a file called CITYDATA, with an extension ranging from 00 to 09. So if your save is in the first slot, you're looking for CITYDATA.00. This records which locations you've uncovered. Open the file up in a hex editor, and change the value I've highlighted, from null to 2. And that'll do it.

2b95Gzt.png

BooMasterUK

BooMasterUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

@AVGVSTA wow thanks for your reply! I will give it a try now :)

BooMasterUK

BooMasterUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi @AVGVSTA, I took a look at my GOG Arena files and none were called CITYDATA. Is that somewhere within one of the game files?

BooMasterUK

BooMasterUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

@AVGVSTA hi again I found it now. Well, there was only 3 CITYDATA files but I have more than 3 saves. Weird. Anyway, I edited the number 65 CITYDATA and it now appeared on my third save slot's stonekeep which is what I wanted! Thank you so much for the help.

BooMasterUK

BooMasterUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Wow there is a NEW issue now! On the way out of Fang Lair the magically sealed door which had been unlocked with the golden key is now locked again so I cannot leave the dungeon and my character is permanently stuck!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, bugs, glitch

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.163 seconds