Missing texture or possibly missing texture set. Mesh is blue.

Austvinden

Problem description:

Some time ago I was working on a mod, and accidentaly tangled with a texture set, it's the one responsible for the satchel container (e.g. the apothecary satchel). I don't know what happened, but in-game, and in the creation kit, the texture is missing (and as a result the mesh is covered in blue). I get two error messages when loading the mesh (Satchel) in the Creation Kit, they are:

DEFAULT: TEXTURES: texture does not contain mipmaps & will not be used : textures\clutter\containers\Satchel.DDS

and

TEXTURES: Texture set missing texture

textures\clutter\container\Satchel.DDS

I have added an attatchment to this post, which is a screenshot of what the mesh looks like for me, both in-game and in the creation kit.

Solutions I've tried:

I have already checked the Textures BSA Archive in my data folder, and the textures "satchel.dds" and "satchel_n.dds" are both there, so the problem isn't in the BSA Archive where the game gets it textures.

I have tried removing the appcache folder from steam, then restarting my computer, then starting steam, in order to get fresh appcache. Then I validated integrity of game files of Skyrim, through steam, but had no luck with that either.

I have also tried manually extracting the satchel.dds and satchel_n.dds into my data folder with the pathing "Textures\clutter\containers\", the same pathing that's in the Textures BSA Archive.

Appreciate all help

I'm running low on ideas on what I could possibly do to get the textures to show on this mesh. Based on the error messages in the creation kit, I'm guessing it could have something to do with a missing texture set in the game files, which I was hoping would come back from validating the game files. I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help, this has been bugging me for some months now.

Edited by ka1zyGONEcrazy

I feel so stupid now because I fixed my own problem that I've been having for months.

The way I fixed the missing texture mipmap on satchel.dds was by removing the manually extracted textures from my data file. The "textures\clutter\containers\satchel.dds" in my data folder was causing this issue.

I have tried removing and adding it plenty of times before, but I think that the reason removing it worked this time was because I validated my game files.

I apologize for littering the forum section with nothing to offer with this post. Moderators may remove this post if convenient.