Vortex Unzipping When installing mods

Endur1el

I'm trying to set up an extension for a new game where mods are stored as zips. I followed the instructions here https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_a_game_extension_for_Vortex#Mod_installation_patterns while replacing the .PAK with .zip.

I have basically no experience with javascript but I can't find anything that should be making the files get unzipped. I assume that somewhere there's something that automatically unpacks zips, if someone could let me know how to stop that from happening I would really appreciate it.

Hey Endur1el,

If you give Vortex an archive (zip/rar/7z/etc) it will automatically unpack it and send those unpacked files through the installer. Currently, leaving mods packed as not an option. The only game I know of where this is a thing is Farming Simulator. In these cases I have suggested that the authors "double zip" their mods to ensure they're not extracted.

It is possible to repack the archive as part of the installer, but that's fairly complex (and not particularly resource friendly as you're just unpacking files to repack them again).

Which game are you working on?