Problem with meshes. My feet are ruined!

IOPASD

My, that topic's old. :ohmy:

But yes, I was already going to repeat the exact same instruction when I read you pasted only the NiTriStripsData above. That's like only half of the job and the other half will be mismatching.

The tangent space for example is used for texture wrapping calculations, and if the NiBinaryExtraData doesn't match the NiTriStripsData to the last vertex, texture wrapping won't work either.

And the NiSkinInstance is the rigging information, that is which vertex sticks to which bone of the armature with which weight. You guessed it, this one must match to the NiTriStripsData as well vertex for vertex.

(That's btw. why your vertices were shooting off into infinity in game as if you were using an insufficient skeleton file, which you can't be when it's a simple foot.)

Now, of course those other blocks/nodes can also be adapted to the new NiTriStripsData through other means. The tangent space can be recalculated directly in NifSkope even. Don't know about the NiSkinInstance though. There's no rigging information inside the NiTriStripsData after all.

You could've copied and pasted over the NiSkinInstance block just as well though to fix at least that.

But really, if it's the very common simple "mash-up" deal, using copy & paste "branch" on the NiTriStrips/Shape block is the way to go. :thumbsup: