[LE] [3ds Max issue] Each shape of my model gets separed into 2 when exporting into the .nif format

Hi, I'm extremely novice in 3D modeling and I wanted to make a model as a training exercise, but I'm having an issue when I try to export it.

As you can see, in 3ds Max, there are only 3 shapes that I made, but once I export them into the .nif format, each gets broken into 2 for some reason.

I know the issue is not with the import settings because this issue started happening out of nowhere and it was importing fine before. And the feet shape itself (which was not made by me) imports fine as well, so I know I did something to cause this.

I'm wondering, is there a way to see if I accidentally broke each shape into two by mistake and it only shows up once I export it? All 3 only have 2 modifiers: Unwrap UVW and Skin.

In case you're wondering, the whole thing is supposed to be a pair of flip flops. They don't look good because this is the first 3D model I've ever made.

1) What Plugin Version do you use?

2) What Game are you exporting for?

3) Can you upload your .max file?

I can have a look at it

3.8.0, I think.

Classic Skyrim, although I plan to port it into FO4 as well if I'm able.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3sbacp02f4ipqjf/sandal.max/file

Thank you.

sry i forgot to mention that i need the .max file saved in 2016 format

Sure, no prob. http://www.mediafire.com/file/xwkqig4ghc3gh5h/sandal2016.max/file

One thing: There's 6 shapes in the file, but these are just so I could make the normal map for each. I deleted them afterwards.

Edited by PrancinShowPony

Ok it's just like i suspected.

You have more than 1 channel in your uvw modifiers.

If you want the mesh to stay in 1 piece you need to move all uv mappings to a single channel.

You would have to unwrap again anyway because they are poorly unwrapped atm.

Also it's better to move the uvw modifier below the skin modifier or collapse it to the mesh.

It will save a bit of headache for when you later want to add a BSDismember modifier. That modifier is a little diva and does not like if there are any modifiers above it or between it and the skin modifier.

Hope this helps

Ok it's just like i suspected.

You have more than 1 channel in your uvw modifiers.

If you want the mesh to stay in 1 piece you need to move all uv mappings to a single channel.

You would have to unwrap again anyway because they are poorly unwrapped atm.

Also it's better to move the uvw modifier below the skin modifier or collapse it to the mesh.

It will save a bit of headache for when you later want to add a BSDismember modifier. That modifier is a little diva and does not like if there are any modifiers above it or between it and the skin modifier.

Hope this helps

I don't know a single thing about UVW channels or how I managed to create more than one or even how to unwrap in the proper way, but I'll research on it and see what I can find. I don't want to take up more of your time.

Thanks for the lead. As you can see it would've taken a lot longer to find where the issue is seeing as I don't even know where to look.