My (modded) Fallout 3 freezes after loading a file

HappyMSI

If you use Fomm ? it's all automatic, no need to worry about there it puts things. It was designed specifically for this game.

It will "however" eat a lot of drive space. it's not game breaking. Just the nature of that beast.

you follow the instruction last written on the other users thread, as he followed them until you leave vault 101.

then

you hard save at that point and wait untill all DLC's lof in. hard save again and exit.

From that point on, you need to think hard about the load order of the different mods, where they ending up.

That's why it best advised to start out small. Not Drop bombs into the games engine.

The conflicting mods...so many you had listed...you need to sift through them. decide what to keep and what not to keep.

Code, there are "Code bases", plain normally made mods from games assets are considered normal mods.

Script extender mods are not of the same CODE base, they are 3rd party mods.

ENB's are not even mods ! they are Direct-x and graphics changes to the OS For the game.

so you need to sort out wat you want and what works with what.

I'm here just to get the game up and running. Not make decisions for you.

Apart for the distinction, is there a consequential difference between normal mods and 3rd party mods (as a user, not as a modder I mean) ?

In the future, with another computer, I would like to play Fallout New Vegas with mods. Would you recommend me this same Mod Manager ?

Good news.

After a failed attempt because of OneTweak, I seem to have succeded thanks to you. No DUI or mods related to it, no OneTweak, I did it slowly after reaching a closed space (inside the house at Springvale where the woman is fleeing from Moriarty), I give up on some mods.

Now except for crashes that are manageable for the moment (except recently where I happened to crash past a point in a certain direction in the wasteland but I found out a MMM plugin not at its place), I can finally enjoy the game, extended and without having to wait so long at each loading (PS3 back then).

So except if there's something unbearable, I should not have to solicit you anymore on this thread... I hope. I thank you veeeeery much for your time and availability. I couldn't appreciate that game the way I wanted without you.

Apart for the distinction, is there a consequential difference between normal mods and 3rd party mods (as a user, not as a modder I mean) ?

In the future, with another computer, I would like to play Fallout New Vegas with mods. Would you recommend me this same Mod Manager ?

Good news.

After a failed attempt because of OneTweak, I seem to have succeded thanks to you. No DUI or mods related to it, no OneTweak, I did it slowly after reaching a closed space (inside the house at Springvale where the woman is fleeing from Moriarty), I give up on some mods.

Now except for crashes that are manageable for the moment (except recently where I happened to crash past a point in a certain direction in the wasteland but I found out a MMM plugin not at its place), I can finally enjoy the game, extended and without having to wait so long at each loading (PS3 back then).

So except if there's something unbearable, I should not have to solicit you anymore on this thread... I hope. I thank you veeeeery much for your time and availability. I couldn't appreciate that game the way I wanted without you.

I am here to help Those that help them selves.

For any basic sound game without all the bells and whistles? Fomm, the exact version I point too "any user" will be happy and have a very clean game install with the exact tools...lol just enough to get you into "trouble" stay out of T-snip.

The fact the version is forked, that very version was repaired and works as designed, as I said, the only drawback is it eats up hard drive space as there is no virtual engine built in. There is a way to configure the windows 10 system so all data goes to a single designated directory and not clog up the users account. With fomm, if you add on a mod that overwrites an others data and breaks the other mod? Fomm has a reactivate button and puts things back so you don't break your saved game files. Saved games are the most important thing for most people, they serve as accomplishments and tasks completed. I fix those too. when and if I can. I prefer raw Vanilla games. I do not like working on mods that use broken DX programing. "ENB's"

Those are corrupted the minute it starts. But, reactivate is also known as reinstall. Fomm creates perfect FoMod's.

It's a good tool to use for diagnostics. MO v1 legacy has problems processing fomod and scripted installers. the latest ver MO 2 can be used.

I use Mo for separate diagnostic's. The game, Raw Fo3 GOTY is very small and simple.

A lot all depends on your habits and the machines ability. Try not to look too deep into things.

Keep it simple.Fallout3-8-20-2020-5-05-36-PM.png