Photo

Can't start story mode after installing a mod.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Redawn

Redawn

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys.

I have FarCry 3 patch 1.4 installed and I wanna use a compilation mod. I downloaded it and copied the files in the FarCry main Directory and overwritten everything.
But now, when the game starts and the main menu comes up, I'm clicking on "Story" and nothing happens, I tried other mods too and I have the same problem, I tried reinstalling and still nothing.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks!

smashly

smashly

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
I gather your using a cracked game, the mod more then likely replaces your cracked FC3.dll and or FC3_d3d11.dll with a legit edited FC3.dll and or FC3_d3d11.dll
You can hex edit the legit modded dll's to work.
But I don't feel like going into to great detail only to find my initial assumption was wrong.

laurens661

laurens661

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I gather your using a cracked game, the mod more then likely replaces your cracked FC3.dll and or FC3_d3d11.dll with a legit edited FC3.dll and or FC3_d3d11.dll
But I don't feel like going into to great detail only to find my initial assumption was wrong.

Care to explain how you can do this please?

Mundus100

Mundus100

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Care to explain how you can do this please?

I would also like to know this.

I dloaded Ziggys mod recently and am unable to play - I click on "Story" on the main menu and nothing happens.

EDIT - Nevermind, I searched it online (via google) and seems like you can hex exit by downloading a free program called Hex Workshop. I found it by seaching"Hex Edit Far Cry 3"

Anyways, you can see for yourself on your own.

Regardless though, smashly (or anyone that knows), if you could explain it in greater detail, I would appreciate it.

Edited by Mundus100, 31 July 2013 - 06:54 AM.

jackmarsh99

jackmarsh99

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i'm having the same problem, it would be awesome if someone could explain how to hex the dll's.

richg67

richg67

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

FOUND IT!

You can recrack but that doesn't give you Ziggy's intended dll.

So...

I found the part that trips it up:

In Ziggy's FC3.dll you will need to GOTO (Dec NOT Hex) "01 00 00 00 8B 0D 4C 8A E5 11 E8 F5 24 F5 FF" (Not search Not find but GOTO - and by all means copy and paste - no quotes) 
This needs changed to

"05 00 00 00 8B 0D 4C 8A E5 11 90 90 90 90 90"

save and exit - it will ask if you want to back up. The answer is YES.

Enjoy Ziggy's Mod. Throw him a few bucks he earned it.

Now that the game is like $30 get out there and get some so I can blast you fools online!

Edited by richg67, 13 September 2013 - 07:39 PM.

synchnexus

synchnexus

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

explain it a bit more.dont understand u.I am using hex workshop 6.6 and goto that value(with dec.nothing happens).

Trind5

Trind5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thxxxxxxxxx richg 67 !!!!!!!!  Its working :D U r the best bro

ad3el

ad3el

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

FOUND IT!

You can recrack but that doesn't give you Ziggy's intended dll.

So...

I found the part that trips it up:

In Ziggy's FC3.dll you will need to GOTO (Dec NOT Hex) "01 00 00 00 8B 0D 4C 8A E5 11 E8 F5 24 F5 FF" (Not search Not find but GOTO - and by all means copy and paste - no quotes) 
This needs changed to

"05 00 00 00 8B 0D 4C 8A E5 11 90 90 90 90 90"

save and exit - it will ask if you want to back up. The answer is YES.

Enjoy Ziggy's Mod. Throw him a few bucks he earned it.

Now that the game is like $30 get out there and get some so I can blast you fools online!

damn man.... your the best!!!!!

richg67

richg67

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Can't think of any easier way to explain it.

Page loaded in: 0.994 seconds