Update actor health bar (UI) when actor health (AV) is modded

dAbalo8

I've never touched UI in fnv before and need some guidance out there. For example I mod Easy Pete's health AV so now he has max health of 500, his health bar on the hud won't react to him being damaged at all. How would I go about to update the corresponding hud elemnt in this case?

Actor HP is not as simple as the Health stat. It works on a "damage pool", which is what you need your HUD to indicate. Please see "TIP Get Actor Health functions" under the "Scripting" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

-Dubious-

None of this links or article topics are anywhere near what I'm asking for, I understand the "damage pool" concept but where are the hud functions?

Ya many Hud elements need some sort of update to make them reflect the change.

How to do that are many ways.

Example in the pip boy : Your script presses buttons that shift the menu left , then back right.

And I would guess that a scripted button press will update most anything.

To test just go in game and see what does it.

Then script the button press , or other user action.

Also that HUD bug you are having is common when you give someone temporal hp instead of permanent hp. It even happens to the player when taking buffout at full health. Are you adding hp through an effect or a script?

Yes, I add HP through an effect script but instead of adding it to baseAV I just modAV it on top of it so it can be reverted back easily when needed. I guess what I'm looking for is to make UI element display the moded value instead of the base which it does by default. JIP UI functions are great but they don't seem to be of any use in this particular case. Any ideas on how this issue can be resolved through scripts without having to alter menu xml files?

EDIT: dug through xml files, turns out they have nothing to do with what I'm looking for, kinda half expected it but still was uptimistic going in...

Edited by dAbalo8

In geck there are two entries for increase health, one is IncreaseHealth that shows under the name "Increase Health". This one will only increase the temp HP of an Actor. Then there is IncreaseHealthPermanent that shows as "NPC Permanent Increased Health", this one does actually increase max hp. Make sure to use the second one.

In geck there are two entries for increase health, one is IncreaseHealth that shows under the name "Increase Health". This one will only increase the temp HP of an Actor. Then there is IncreaseHealthPermanent that shows as "NPC Permanent Increased Health", this one does actually increase max hp. Make sure to use the second one.

Unfortunatelly that won't be of use to me, I do it with scripts and it is supposed to be dynamic, calculated on the spot when needed. Also I avoid modding BaseAV as I use it as an anchor later on when need. But I don't think any of this should matter as my values are correctly displayed in VATS (assuming it's because the corresponding UI element is loaded when VATS is opened or is at least is re-evaluated in that moment.) What I want is to do exactly the same, only for the Health Bar that is outside the VATS.