Hi! I'm using some build your own town mods in my Skyrim game and for roleplay reasons I'd like these NPCs to be Khajiit in my own game. I know enough about the creation kit to change an NPCs race and appearance, but will this cause any gamebreaking bugs on generic mod-added NPCs like those of Blackthorn, for example? What about custom voiced followers? What about changing generic mod-added npcs voice types to khajiit, will that cause any issues as long as they're not followers? What about base-game followers? Just trying to keep from breaking my game, any advice or help or answers very much appreciated!

Basic rule: Don't change your mod setup during a playtrough. I wouldn't risk a save of a beloved high level character for something like this. If you want to play around with the CK, create a separate mod profile (if your mod manager supports this option) and use this profile together with a disposable "test save" for modding and testing purposes.

IMHO, especially NPCs can be problematic. NPC data gets baked into saves - at least partly. While there are quite a few console commands regarding NPCs, that can be used to "repair" some glitches, it's still dangerous.

Besides that: If you care for immersion - how "immersive" is a Nord, who suddenly turned into a Khajiit?

I understand what you want to do and why. But I'll definitely leave that to a new playthrough.

I gotcha. I don't have any saves I'm particularly attached to at the moment, so I've been doing a little working and testing. Thanks for letting me know not to do it in the middle of a save though!!

I use vortex, would vortex have the ability to make separate mod profiles?

I use vortex, would vortex have the ability to make separate mod profiles?

Yep. In fact, creating different profiles in Vortex is quite easy. In the "dashboard" tab, enable "profile management". You should now see a "profiles" option in the main navigation menu (by default on the left side of your screen). Click "profiles" and create a new profile. Once you're in the "profiles" menu, it's basically self-explanatory.