I Need Help With Oblivion Crashing

TLC77

A lot can be learned by trying things and seeing what happens. Sometimes I'll use old saves for the testing, or if it's something simple I may use a current save (knowing that I may need to delete some saves if it doesn't work out). My current load order has remained the same for more than six years but there have been some additions during that time as new mods get released and I decide to give them a try. My trick is to not do too much at once, so I know where a problem comes from when/if trouble arises.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot can be learned by trying things and seeing what happens. Sometimes I'll use old saves for the testing, or if it's something simple I may use a current save (knowing that I may need to delete some saves if it doesn't work out). My current load order has remained the same for more than six years but there have been some additions during that time as new mods get released and I decide to give them a try. My trick is to not do too much at once, so I know where a problem comes from when/if trouble arises.

Woah, hey, long time no see. I downloaded Cyrodiil Upgrade Resource Pack (CURP) for CUO Bravil but it has idle animations. When I uninstalled it, the animations were still left on the NPCs. Whenever I try to save my game crashes. What should I do?

Woah, hey, long time no see. I downloaded Cyrodiil Upgrade Resource Pack (CURP) for CUO Bravil but it has idle animations. When I uninstalled it, the animations were still left on the NPCs. Whenever I try to save my game crashes. What should I do?

I've never heard of it before, and it doesn't come up in a search of Oblivion Nexus. Where did you get it?

Not the type of thing I'd ever install, and judging by the file size of the first one it'd be a pretty big task to download, extract and then go through with a fine tooth comb looking for where all the animations may be hidden.

The vanilla game animations are safely tucked away in Oblivion - Meshes.bsa so if you remove any mod added animations the game will just revert to the ones in the BSA. I seem to recall that you have Wrye Bash, did you use it to install and then uninstall this? If so did you Anneal All after you uninstalled?

Not the type of thing I'd ever install, and judging by the file size of the first one it'd be a pretty big task to download, extract and then go through with a fine tooth comb looking for where all the animations may be hidden.

The vanilla game animations are safely tucked away in Oblivion - Meshes.bsa so if you remove any mod added animations the game will just revert to the ones in the BSA. I seem to recall that you have Wrye Bash, did you use it to install and then uninstall this? If so did you Anneal All after you uninstalled?

I didn't Anneal All. Was I supposed to?

One of the advantages that Wrye Bash brings to installing and uninstalling mods is that it keeps track to which files get overwrtitten by which mods and then it can restore the overwritten files if you uninstall one of those mods. Anneal All is the way to do it manually ... you'll also see some automatic options shown on the right click context menu.

Best source for information on WB is found in Wrye Bash General Readme.html and Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html, both found in the Oblivion\Mopy\Docs folder. Pretty well everything I know about Wrye Bash I learned from those two readmes (and some experimentation).

One of the advantages that Wrye Bash brings to installing and uninstalling mods is that it keeps track to which files get overwrtitten by which mods and then it can restore the overwritten files if you uninstall one of those mods. Anneal All is the way to do it manually ... you'll also see some automatic options shown on the right click context menu.

Best source for information on WB is found in Wrye Bash General Readme.html and Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html, both found in the Oblivion\Mopy\Docs folder. Pretty well everything I know about Wrye Bash I learned from those two readmes (and some experimentation).

So do I reinstall the mod and then anneal all, or do I just anneal all right now?

So do I reinstall the mod and then anneal all, or do I just anneal all right now?

If I'm interpreting the order you have done things (installed the CURP using Wrye Bash and then uninstalled it using WB) all you will need to do is Anneal All.

If I'm interpreting the order you have done things (installed the CURP using Wrye Bash and then uninstalled it using WB) all you will need to do is Anneal All.

Didn't work :/ (btw sorry for bothering you at such a random time for such a trivial issue)