242 replies to this topic

WhiteWolf424242

WhiteWolf424242

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #84545503.

Spoiler

Problematic indeed, sadly. Not terribly gamebreaking, but there are some issues:
  • The dialogue edits conflict in multiple places, but that's just what text is displayed in the player prompt. If you load that mod after mine, it's possible that some choices will be tracked incorrectly/counter-intuitively.
    Spoiler
  • Both mods edit the DB07 (Cure for Madness) quest. However, my edit is just a very minor added detail here, so if you load that mod after mine, it's just that my optional scene with the Night Mother's opinion on Cicero's attack won't play.
  • The biggest problem is that both mods edit the recurring radiant contract quest. If you load that mod after mine, the "pass the contract over to the Speaker" will be kind of problematic. The dialogues won't be missing, but the quest objective pointers will be. And I'd avoid using this option anyway, just to be safe, because it manages the recurring quest from outside, which might confuse the other mod.
I guess they could tolerate each other to the limit of these issues, but I'd really suggest to avoid using them together. If you absolutely want to, then all in all I'd suggest to load that mod after mine. (Doublecheck if using LOOT, for me it guessed the other way around!) Then the worst that could happen are probably just a few mistracked dialogue options and the option to pass on contracts to your speaker will not work and shouldn't be used.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that I could ever make a patch, because that mod's author didn't publish his script sources with his mod. Lacking those, patching is not possible.

Edited by WhiteWolf424242, 29 August 2020 - 12:34 PM.

WhiteWolf424242

WhiteWolf424242

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #84548158.

Spoiler

I see :D For the unwary comments reader: using console commands for these applications is generally not safe, and a rogue command could easily be a one-way ticket to a permanently broken saved game!
The dialogues are showing up on the console-resurrected Astrid, because I didn't put any alternate-ending-conitions on them. For Astrid, my mod supposes that if she's alive, you must be doing the alternate ending anyway.
If you want to fool the other NPC's too into believing that they are doing the alternate ending, and use their Astrid-lived dialogues, use this command too:
setstage ww42dbalternateending 10
This should theoretically create a state where you are legally doing the alternate ending, but you also have Cicero alive, and the coming quests should play accordingly. By "theoretically" I meant that I'm not taking responsibility for appearing bugs, because the mod was obviously not planned for this.
To set her to become a follower within my mod:
setstage ww42dbchangeinleadership 200
Some feedback on how she then plays together with AFT would be appreciated.

Edited by WhiteWolf424242, 29 August 2020 - 12:54 PM.

WhiteWolf424242

WhiteWolf424242

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #84520363. #84526068, #84528173, #84528773, #84536133, #84537963, #84538773, #84547623 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

No exactly, in the first solution Astrid will die like vanilla storyline, but Veezara survive the penitus oculatus attack, but only if the player spare Cicero's life.

I see. No, I don't want to go down this path with such mixes. Save the DB will be patched out so that everyone can decide for themselves what to do with Veezara (and the others) separately, and we'll find a solution to remove the Cicero-requirement from the alternate ending and solve the Astrid and Cicero lived too scenario. I'm not a fan of hard-required choices either, it only exists because of previously described limitations, that's why I'm set on trying to remove it.

About Cicero and Astrid: the highlight of the cicero could be the death of commander Maro, he is the one who send the imperials attack the sanctuary, and he is an optional target of the quest "Hail Sithis!". So he basically helped the player to kill the emperor and avenged the brotherhood killing the commander.

I was thinking about detaching the discovering of Maro's location from Amaund Motierre, and instead giving this task to Cicero, while also involving Astrid into it somehow. Something like that, yes.

ya Got that Too :) so kinda hard to kill her especially in her tight Jesters out fit :)

"Her" - I guess we're talking about a female Cicero mod here, right? Yeah, I think I understand the frustration... :D

Badgeur

Badgeur

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
In response to post #84548158. #84560763 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

very true it is always risky to do it with the console and the results can have unforeseen repercussions, I merely found that as this way has Allowed me to continue testing this theory and map any issues but thank you for the console command thats one that I wasn't aware of :) , the Mod is really good and would recommend it to anyone, But for now follow the directions on the Mod page is your best option :) With AFT I have progressed through to the Artifact quest, to be honest she has worked okay with the AFT forced recruit but always a risk because it can interfere with her intended progression but no found conflicts so far.

Edited by Badgeur, 29 August 2020 - 04:01 PM.

WhiteWolf424242

WhiteWolf424242

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #84548158. #84560763, #84566033 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hmm, I guess that's good to hear. Have you recruited her as a follower from my mod as well after the second console command I showed you (in game the "I need your help, Astrid." dialouge option), or just from AFT?

Badgeur

Badgeur

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
if you have not killed cicero
complete the quest up to the point that you kill Astrid as Normal, as recommended use setstage ww42dbchangeinleadership 200.
only after you have spoken to Nazir about dawnstar and have the quest update to speak with Motierre.
(use at own risk, create save)
Console command Astrid in game, I used AFT make follower ONLY to equip her with what I wanted her to have, then dismissed her.
I spoke to her after my follower has left your service, and recruited her as normal and the game is running very okay, all dialogue etc.
I would say only use a follower system to equip her and then do not use it, the less you use it the more she will run as intended.

This worked for me after Many hours of trying this and that, Thank you to WhiteWolf424242 for the console command, and for the MOD really nice improvement to the DB, please endorse any Mods you download and use, trust me this stuff is hard :)

slick4hire

slick4hire

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Dammit if I'm not at level 50 on a current DB playthrough...because this sounds absolutely amazing.

Tracked for my next DB toon.

Noctum28

Noctum28

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 269 posts
In response to post #84545503. #84560308 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

It's unfortunate that the author of "Dark Brotherhood for Good Guys" hasn't been around since this April. Anyway, getting the sources is still possible via de-compilation:
Champollion a PEX to Papyrus decompiler https://www.nexusmod...yrim/mods/35307
Champollion Graphical User Interface https://www.nexusmod...yrim/mods/82367

Even if you might not make a patch, Champollion might still prove useful to you in the future.

Edited by Noctum28, 29 August 2020 - 08:37 PM.

WhiteWolf424242

WhiteWolf424242

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,175 posts
In response to post #84545503. #84560308, #84574418 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Oh, that's very nice, thanks :)
We'll see about actually making the patch, but probably not in the very near future, since it's not game-breakingly incompatible, and patching Save the DB first has a higher priority on my list.

Stranger

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In response to post #84520363. #84526068, #84528173, #84528773, #84536133, #84537963, #84538773, #84547623, #84561023 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

That will be great! I will wait for Save TDB patch and save Cicero version. Endorsed! ;)

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.033 seconds