Fleeing Dragons

Apis4

OK So in the last few days, I have developed a bug where Dragons, will flee, not just flee, cricle, and press the attack....but flee way over the mountains right way across the map..... miles and miles away in to the nearest mountains.

Yet my game doesnt break off the attack.... they're a tiny dull red dot, way away from anywhere I can catch them.

Worse, when I use Dragonrend on them, lvl 3 and all, they do this too. More... if they're already on the ground, and I use Dragonrend to keep them there, they immediately become airborne and then proceed to do the above.

If I run the other way until I am so far away from where the engagement began, it finally ends... I CTD a few seconds later.

If I fast travel close to where the Dragon looks to be... it is gone... I fast travel back to where the encounter began, and it's there.....but if I fail to kill it fast, it will repeat the process all over again, then I have to.

It is taking me an hour to kill some Dragons because of this, but I cannot just leave it, or I crash.

HELP!

Sorry it's happening. I have learned that (presuming I have not just loaded some new mod I can trace the problem to and uninstall said mod) when something starts acting "wrong", it's time to load an older save.

Something or another gets dinged, and that something gets baked into future savefiles

SO..... if you keep on playing with a baked in bug, you may progress (or not, but let's say you do) then you loss of progress will be more and more as you allow the problem to fester.

My two cents. Hopefully you can find a less impactful way to fix it, but that's my take.

Guess I'll have to. More and more seems bugged.

I need to disable Autosave too, so it doesnt save them in. I have something like 201 saves on this play through.

Maybe I will uninstall ALL mods, and just reinstall the whole game.

slow down don't go draconian just yet. Try loading an old save from before it started happening. You can have a perfectly fine installed mod list and it still happens.

And in the future, remember, if you can't find an easy fix for a glitch, fall back to a save before you see the symptoms. If you catch it early, losses aren't substantial and you can continue progressing.

Yes, autosave is a personal decision. I have a beefy drive and an even beefier archive disk, so I don't care much but if space is tight, deleting saves isd an option.

Oh I have 2 TB reserve and 500GB SSD main driver so that is not an issue.... but still that's a lot of saves.

Oh yeah, and as for Draconian, true hah, but context.... a LOT of mods are buggy AF in this playthrough... I have a conflict with ONE I really want to try (follower) but they kept crashing after 10-15 minutes.... (after 5 if I used the overhaul though so small win), yet nothing obvious was conflicting, another follower mod borked because I was beyond the point of quest triggers for their story, which locked away a bunch of s#*!, since I could not make it work, a cheat book I installed after I had to reinstall my game the first time, and lost my lvl 23 character and so looked for a quick regain.... well it just borks my saves now, and my follower framework is struggling too sometimes, with applying all it's features to characters... as many are forced followers made to be so by mods not normally available, I think. Also, another follower is totally screwed, and upon reading the FAQ, it's because I broke her AI by deleting objects assigned to a file path of one of her features, before removing them from such.

I am thinking this time around, I managed to get my game to play nicely with about half the max mods, BUT still, because I screwed up a few places, and broke a couple of them, they've slowly been corrupting my game.

Doesnt help I increased my carry weight by ten tons too, as I noticed that created issues as well at times.... but I did not have time to f*#@ around with weight lol. Maybe I just download that mod that makes everything weigh 0 to solve that, rather than console.

All in all though, it IS feeling like maybe it's about time to wipe, polish and reinstall, and try to sort my issues out with some elements of the game in ways that more stable than what I chose. The aforementioned issue in my OP, is just one of many that has crawled in to my game.