Somnazul

I see that there are a few topics mentioning different requests pertaining to Argonians, but I would like to see an overall enhancement of this race.

Some improvement mods that already help in this goal are:
JazzJR Argonian retexture - Makes the Argonian scales look much more detailed and reptilian.

Better Beast Races - Improves the normal maps and specular maps of both Argonians and Khajiits.
Argonian Improvements - Horns - Does not add new horn models, it is an improvement retexture of existing horns.
AZ Argonian Pride - Simple visual mod which allows horns to be visible through helmets.
Argonian Warpaints - As the title would suggest, adds more warpaint options for Argonians. This would aid in aiming for a certain pattern and color variation.

Variation mods (making your Argonians look how you want them to)

Drachis Argonian Retexture - Gives your Argonian Dragonborn that actually-born-of-a-dragon feel.
Argonian Raptor Feet - A foot model inspired by the velociraptor. Includes wearable boots and shoes!
Raptor Talon Argonians - Combines JazzJR's retexture and Raptor Feet mods.
Argonian Reptilian Feet - A more reptilian foot model. Has some compatible open shoes.

Grimoas Plantigrade Feet for Beast Races - Plantigrade foot designs for both Argonians and Khajiits which adds in compatible shoe models.
Bigger Argonian Tails - Guaranteed to give you a bigger tail or your money back!
Argonian War Tails - I'm not sure how lore-friendly this is, but it is an interesting idea.

Mainly, I would like to see a variation in headsets of the quills and horn types, and addition of hoods/frills. That seems to be most needed. Especially variants that would add not only to the head, but maybe certain sections of the face such as more spike types extending from around the jaw and chin or down the back of the neck.

Texture patterns on the body/face would be an awesome addition. There could be snake, gecko, fish, and frog patterns as well as many others.

Horn decorations and armors consistent with Saxhleel lore. They make armors out Netch or scales and have wooden shields. They use wooden spears which I would guess have stone tips.

Custom Argonian races (tribes) from lore: Nagas which resemble puff adder snakes with legs and arms, the winged Sarpa, the toad-like Paatru, Archein which can have frilled hoods, and the Agacephs which have long, thin faces, many teeth, vertical-slitted eyes, and can be any color. I would even love to see an "ancient" Argonian that looks more like the Hist trees than a reptile as described in some history books mentioning Argonians.

One reason I am making my own topic for this is I am a decent artist and more than willing to draw out and illustrate concepts I would like to see so that modelers and texture designers can have something visual to work with. Tell me something you are interested in making and describe what you would like me to draw, then you take the illustration as a reference to make your models/textures from. Please ask for illustrations only if you can make something. I do not do art requests for free.

I will draw out a few things soon on my own, specifically some of the horn/quill/frill ideas for the headsets.

Other people are certainly welcome to add in their own ideas on this topic. Anything to help our Argonian race out.

Edited by Somnazul

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah i would love to see more love for our lusty sap drinkers!

I would especially like to see an update on Argonian Raptor Feet. Compatibility with Dawnguard and the new Dragonborn. And maybe a patch for common armor mods like Immersive Armors!

Also Drachis Argonians Mod retext. Its very nice but incomplete.

Not only variation in the quills and horns, i would like to see an improvement in the quality. Sometimes those feathers look so fake! Like artificial or something... I cant rly explain.

So, OP, i guess we are the only "lizard lovers" around here...

Have you gotten any concept for new horns? I cant rly help u wt modding but i would like to see it anyway.

I also want to see this post be dragged down by the werebear mod requests...

Nah, there's others, just no one showing interest yet. I'm hoping when I have some visuals up it might bring in some. As for the new horns, I plan to have a few styles with more curvature and I might even go with some "patches" with smaller collections of horns to make a few Argonians you would probably not want to hug. :P

The main thing is I have a picture in my head of an interesting quill pattern which I know was inspired from a sci-fi show or something, but I cannot recall its origins.

Anyway, I definitely plan to look at some real reptiles, amphibians, and fish to get some other ideas. I will attempt to draw a bearded dragon's frills as a headset. Maybe even a bright-red lionfish design for a vivid yet venomous Argonian male.

I just hope that putting out ideas will stir more Argonian fans to band together for an extensive project.

I just hope that putting out ideas will stir more Argonian fans to band together for an extensive project.

Now every1 is busy wt Dragonborn so i do not expect ppl to show much interest, unfortunately.

A lionfish Argonian would be sweet! With some quills instead of feathers. Don't get pierced by his barbs!

I do like the feathers despite being new to argonians (i don't remember reading bout feathers in the argonian lore but i might be wrong). I would like to see maybe some crests inspired on birds or something. If done right it could become great.

Edited by neckes

If someone would do some new head parts. (Horns, feathers and so) for argonians, I'd definitely play one.

For now, those horns are just a bit plain and boring :biggrin:

Absolutely, rgt now i think the "hair" parts are in urgent need of a improvement. XD

Better horns and feathers, and maybe give ppl the choice to use some quills or fins like on the other ES games would be cool. But for that we would most probably need an experienced modder with a lot of will to work. XD This is harder than lets say human skin retextures and hairs...

Better Beast Races is still my favorite retexture. JazzJR's retexture looks weird on my character.

By Xenius? I tried once but didn't notice great improvements have to check it again i guess. Rgt now i have vanilla Argonians! =S

I think Better Males had beast races support but its only for males obviously and CBBE only supports female Khajiits.

Didn't liked JazzJR retextures neither, its not that they were bad per se, in your words they did look a little "weird". XD