ENB light sources are too bright. Lights toggling glitch?

EGGY66

Hello everyone!!
Okay let me get straight to the point. First of all, as the title says, the light sources in ENB are toooooo bright. ( here are some examples: image1 image2 ).

I am using Rudy ENB preset for Obsidian weather, I have made some tweaks to the preset to suit my liking, however, I couldn't find the right parameter for light sources, or maybe I did but it just won't change a thing. and trust me when I say it, I have spent hours searching for a fix and I almost tweak every parameter but no success. So hope you guys could help me with this.

Another weird glitch I have noticed is that, in some areas, the lights only toggle when I get close to them ( see this GIF ) at first I thought it was the enb who causing this but when I disable it the glitch was sill there. I have no idea what mod is causing this? I'd really appreciate it if someone could guide me through this.

My specs :

2060 super 8, AMD 7 2700X, 16 ram

My load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ccbgssse057-ba_stalhrim.esl
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
RSkyrimChildren.esm
MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm
MajesticMountains_Moss.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm
BBLuxurySuite.esm
Heels Sound.esm
BlackreachSporesSE.esl
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Campfire.esm
SkyUI_SE.esp
Obsidian Weathers.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
Dark_Forests.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Weathers.esp
TrueStormsSE.esp
DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp
AIMFIX.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Skyrim Bigger Trees Full.esp
Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp
BBLS_SKSE64_Patch.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
Skyrim Better Roads - The Rift.esp
YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp
fallentreebridgesSSE.esp
waterplants.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp
Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp
Undriel_QuaintRavenRock.esp
Ashbound.esp
Realistic Boat Bobbing.esp
BetterDocks-MP-DLC-Compatible.esp
Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp
Skyrim Better Roads - EastMarch.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
ZIA_Complete Pack.esp
Water for ENB (Mineral Teal).esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Guards_Armor_Replacer.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
Qw_BookCoversSkyrim_USSEP Patch.esp
AP Skyrim SE.esp
TKDodge.esp
New Mod.esp
SkyHUD.esp
FleshFX.esp
3PCO.esp
Spring Slingshot Swimsuits.esp
Quaint Raven Rock - Better Docks Patch.esp
Quaint Raven Rock - ELFX Patch.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
Morning Fogs SSE.esp
Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp
Skyrim Better Roads - Winterhold.esp
wavetest.esp
Oblivion Gates Remade.esp
EmbersHD.esp
RBB - Better Docks Patch.esp
Northern Marsh Bridges SE.esp
[pPatch] Bentpines_Navmesh.esp
BBLSmusic.esp
AnukethFollowers4.esp
Quaint Raven Rock - USSEP Patch.esp
Quaint Raven Rock - AI Overhaul Patch.esp
RBB - USSEP Patch.esp
Elizabeth's Tower - Azura Shrine.esp
BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp
UIExtensions.esp
AddItemMenuSE.esp
RaceMenuHH.esp
HagravenSkinShaders.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
S3DRocks.esp
MajesticMountains.esp
Better Dynamic Ash.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
StormLightning.esp
Immersive Wenches -Apachii hairs- Patch.esp
icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
Animallica.esp
BlendedRoads.esp
CBBE.esp
Dread Knight Weapon Set.esp
DustEffectsSSE.esp
CC'sEnhancedOreVeinsSSE-HearthfirePatch.esp
FNIS.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp
Facelight.esp
Brows.esp
iHUD.esp
KSHairdosSMP.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
MikanEyes All in one SE.esp
NoRadialBlur.esp
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
RaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
Smoking Torches And Candles.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
TorchesCastShadows.esp
VWA_VanillaWarpaintsAbsolution.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
KSWigsSMP.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
EBT - IC PATCH.esp
Qw_ISC_USSEP Patch.esp
Qw_RusticSoulgemsSorted_ISC Patch.esp
NightEyeENBFix.esp
3BBB.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp
VisualAnimatedEnchants.esp
QRVAE_ISC Patch.esp
QRVAE_ZIA Patch.esp
RBB - Quaint Raven Rock Patch.esp
FireBurns.esp
NieR Automata Characters.esp
NieR Automata Items and Spells.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
Emfy Cleric Robes.esp
ValkyrieSwordShield.esp
holycow.esp
Footprints.esp
GirlHeavyArmor.esp
JS Armored Circlets SE.esp
Men of Winter.esp
Oblivion Gates Remade - 1st Person Messages.esp
Oblivion Gates Remade - Mountain Texture with MM Shader.esp
Obsidian_TS_Patch_Luminous_WaterFix.esp
Obsidian_TS_Patch_Luminous.esp
WetandCold.esp
Wet&Cold - WaterFix - Addon.esp
OdahviingReplacer_Ancient.esp
PAN_NPCs.esp
RSChildren.esp
Serana.esp
SparklesSE.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
YOT - Campfire.esp
YOT - Immersive Sounds.esp
YOT - Wet and Cold.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
arvak_replace.esp
Dirt and Blood - Dynamic Visuals.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp
Immersive Wenches -Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul Patch-.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Immersive Citizens - TC patch.esp
YOT - Convenient Horses.esp
nwsFollowerFramework.esp
nwsFF_NTMD_Apocalypse.esp
nwsFF_NoTeamMagicDamage.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Skysan_ELFX_SMIM_Fix.esp
ELFX - NoPlayerHomes.esp
ELFX - NoHjerim.esp
ELFX - NoBreezehome.esp
ELFX - NoProudspireManor.esp
ELFX - NoHoneyside.esp
ELFX - NoVlindrelHall.esp
ELFX - NoSeverinManor.esp
Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp
ENB Light.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Realistic Water Two - Landscape For Grass Mods Patch.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - ELFX Enhancer Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
EzEWorldMapSE.esp

can't help with the first other than noticing it seems a brightness issue (or is there a gamma setting too?)

On the second, I get that behavior sometimes... when my game/system is being pushed to the limit. (video memory is almost used up, processors are grinding, scrips are showing a bit of lag... )

For the lights being too bright, you could ask nicely in the comments section of RUDY ENB. Usually you can get an answer from experienced users or even RUDY himself.

Regarding the flickering lights: This is an engine limitation of both Skyrim LE and SE. The game won't render more than 4 shadow casting lights (non shadow casting light sources are okay) at the same time. AFAIK, this is "hardcoded" and can't be changed. Unfortunately the game sometimes makes some strange choices when deciding which shadow casting lights to render and which to ignore... You can't do much about it. Believe me, I redid the (IMHO messed up) interior lighting for some house mods myself. This limitation can drive you nuts...

I'd suggest to disable ELFX exteriors and see if this helps. While it's nice and all, it can cause too many shadow casting lights in specific situations - especially if you have other additional light sources. I'd recommend Lanterns of Skyrim II instead if you want more exterior lights. Seems to work well so far - at least for me.

The lights turning on/off in front of Alvors house is very common with too many light sources. I had it too. Several mods add light sources to Riverwood (JK's Skyrim, Lanterns of Skyrim, Medieval Lanterns, Tamriel Master Lights, ELFX Exteriors, etc). As someone said above, the engine is limited and light-flickering will happen if too many lights are in the area. So, if you've added mods that add light sources to Riverwood, then that's the cause of your issue.

I notice you have two lanterns in front of Alvors house; one on the steps and one on the door. Only one of those lights is vanilla which means you most likely have one of the lantern mods. Over by the forge is more light sources, and across the street at the Riverwood Trader, the Inn, and Svens house are more exterior light sources. Point being, you have too many light sources on that small street.

Using the Creation Kit you can open the mods that add lights to Riverwood. Delete some of the light sources till the flickering stops. Save then exit the CK. Deploy load order and save changes.

^^I've done this to adjust Alternate Start because that mod is notorious for flickering in the prison cell when looking at the Mara statue. Alternate Start has a couple of light sources within the prison cell and other light sources outside of the prison cell down the hall which are out of view. I deleted a few lights that were out of view and now the flickering stopped. Choose wisely though cause you don't want to delete light sources that destroy the lighting quality. Also, don't worry if you mess up because you can reinstall the mod you've edited and you'll be back to default. Might want to have a clean save or start a new game afterwards because I don't trust editing esp's mid game.

JK's Skyrim has a 'No Lights' patch that should help too, but based off your picture I don't think you're using JK's???

Best of luck to you.

For the lights being too bright, you could ask nicely in the comments section of RUDY ENB. Usually you can get an answer from experienced users or even RUDY himself.

Regarding the flickering lights: This is an engine limitation of both Skyrim LE and SE. The game won't render more than 4 shadow casting lights (non shadow casting light sources are okay) at the same time. AFAIK, this is "hardcoded" and can't be changed. Unfortunately the game sometimes makes some strange choices when deciding which shadow casting lights to render and which to ignore... You can't do much about it. Believe me, I redid the (IMHO messed up) interior lighting for some house mods myself. This limitation can drive you nuts...

I'd suggest to disable ELFX exteriors and see if this helps. While it's nice and all, it can cause too many shadow casting lights in specific situations - especially if you have other additional light sources. I'd recommend Lanterns of Skyrim II instead if you want more exterior lights. Seems to work well so far - at least for me.

Thank you so much, that really helped.

As for light being crazy bright I have tried to ask Rudy he didnt answer. However, a fair amount of people were having the same issue in the comments and what Rudy told them is to simply reduce PointLightingIntensityNight, but heck I have even reduced it to 0 but no changes were made to the lights whatsoever... That's really weird, I couldnt tell why wouldnt it change. and it's the only parameter -I think- that doesnt response to changes..?

if you happened to know what could help here I'd really appreciate it.

The lights turning on/off in front of Alvors house is very common with too many light sources. I had it too. Several mods add light sources to Riverwood (JK's Skyrim, Lanterns of Skyrim, Medieval Lanterns, Tamriel Master Lights, ELFX Exteriors, etc). As someone said above, the engine is limited and light-flickering will happen if too many lights are in the area. So, if you've added mods that add light sources to Riverwood, then that's the cause of your issue.

I notice you have two lanterns in front of Alvors house; one on the steps and one on the door. Only one of those lights is vanilla which means you most likely have one of the lantern mods. Over by the forge is more light sources, and across the street at the Riverwood Trader, the Inn, and Svens house are more exterior light sources. Point being, you have too many light sources on that small street.

Using the Creation Kit you can open the mods that add lights to Riverwood. Delete some of the light sources till the flickering stops. Save then exit the CK. Deploy load order and save changes.

^^I've done this to adjust Alternate Start because that mod is notorious for flickering in the prison cell when looking at the Mara statue. Alternate Start has a couple of light sources within the prison cell and other light sources outside of the prison cell down the hall which are out of view. I deleted a few lights that were out of view and now the flickering stopped. Choose wisely though cause you don't want to delete light sources that destroy the lighting quality. Also, don't worry if you mess up because you can reinstall the mod you've edited and you'll be back to default. Might want to have a clean save or start a new game afterwards because I don't trust editing esp's mid game.

JK's Skyrim has a 'No Lights' patch that should help too, but based off your picture I don't think you're using JK's???

Best of luck to you.

God bless you man. I really appreciate your help. I didnt know you could do that with Creation Kit. That really is great as I am using elfx e and disabling it isnt really the optimal choice for me.

As for JK's mods, no I am not using them, I am using Skyland A Landscape overwritten by Skyirm 2020 for Pfuscher. and for my experience I really loved how Skyrim is looking with these two mods. Do you think JK's mods is better?

• 3 months later...
Hi there, I have a issue with light using dark age, which is still a optional install of photo realistic tamerial. While in first person with my characters hands up, there is a very clear reflection of light on nearby surfaces and almost a faint but easily noticeable aura of light surround my characters hands, it is kind of game breaking and I'm unsure what the issue is or how to fix it. Anyone got any ideas. If there is any information you think might be relevant I'll check some files and get back to you ASAP