UFO's The Basis for What?

edgeburner

Have you ever witnessed a strange looking object flying in the sky defying the laws of physics in it's hyper-sonic+ movement speed/directional flight... with body crushing G-forces? I haven't. Though I occasional watch a show on cable here in the US called "Ancient Aliens" which literally takes every bit of earths history and applies an extraterrestrial aspect to it...from Ancient Egypt to today,everything , from religion, to cults to whatever. IMO, these folks are reaching, their obsession has taken over their logical thought process.

However, When qualified fighter-jet drivers encounter these objects and track them on radar....Just what the hell is it?

Some Area 51 test in the USA? Maybe a technology that our "enemies" have developed? Maybe they are from another galaxy with technology that we cannot even fathom in our minds?
I won't rush to judgement/opinion, but, lets face it. something is not quite right. Edited by edgeburner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be anything...... That said, IS there intelligent life out there in the universe? Quite likely. Have they visited earth? Probably not. No reason to. Play with the natives? Or maybe, they came even longer ago, and seeded the earth with lifeforms THEY found useful, for whatever purpose. (we are a giant farm, and they will eventually come along to harvest us, much like we do cows.)

Next question becomes, if they are going to come for a visit, why be so secretive about it? They aren't making too much effort to hide from us... so why not come on by and say "hi", or whatever.

Then we get to the whole discussion of: Is FTL travel even POSSIBLE? Sure, there are some interesting theories, but, so far, we simply can't make any of them work. Could a more advanced civilization figger it out? Maybe, maybe not. In which case, no one has come to visit us.....

Unless..... They live extremely long lives, so, sublight travel to nearby stars is actually workable...... Though, consider, at OUR current level of technology, it would take us north of 70,000 years to reach the nearest star, which is a mere 4 light years away........ So, they would have to either be essentially immortal, or, have a method of producing a LOT of power, in a relatively small space.....

Back in 1989 I was driving at night with my girlfriend at the time and we saw a strange large orb several feet off the ground on the side of a mountain. It was orange and appeared to be spinning. I drove up the mountain to check it out and we found that it was coming from a power station. I drove on the property to get a better look and there was a smoke that was like a fog.

As you can imagine, it was very eerie with the fog like smoke and orange pulsating light. My girlfriend insisted I leave before we got a good look so I am not sure what it was.

This wasn't flying but it was unidentified and to this day the strangest thing I have ever seen. Looking back It was not a fire or someone welding (It was around 1am on a Sunday Night) and this was before I was into narcotics and psychedelics.

This took place in Roundhill Virginia.

Nothing, no revolution, no raising or falling of empires, no medical, spiritual or technological discovery or revelation could have or would in any way change the world we live in, more so than the discovery of extra terrestrial intelligence or technological device.

Given that, do I believe that perhaps, if such a thing were to occur, would so called "world leaders" keep that information as quiet as possible in order to avoid the inevitable upheaval it would cause? YES!

Personally I don't think that we are currently being visited by "ET's". As HeyYou pointed out, why would they bother?

"Could" our planet have been visited in the past? I think that there is enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that as a definetly possibility. Could there perhaps be "technological" devices 'hanging around" or "visiting" our planet? I think that to is a possibility.

And for the reasons stated above, if either of hose things are true, then I can certainly understand why they are keeping quiet about it and why we don't (yet) have "official" confirmation. Perhaps they are using the philosophy suggested in the movie "Contact". "Small steps"

I've never seen anything flying object looking alien.

By the way I've noticed something funny about the aliens-related discussions : those who mention the aliens interveining to help people with their technologies always make their declarations about the non-aryan civilisations. If we assume these people are frustrated racists who $hit in their gowns at the idea of admitting non-white civilisations have created brilliant things on their own their declarations that aren't based on any evidence aren't surprising at all.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

HeyYou....I have head about the "planet seeding" thing....Creationism vs evolution vs seeding by Xtest.....One thing they all have in common....Faith in believe....be it religion, science or beings from other galaxy/world.If he whole Roswell thing were true..after 70 years, we wouldn't have even a sniff? Think about all of the changes in Government, media and science in that time frame...Yet, basically nothing has changed but the theories and rumor? Odd...especially in the political environment we have suffered though in the last 20 years or so.

MrJoseCuervo...That's what you get for listening to your girl :) This occurred in fair weather? Reason I ask is because I actually witnessed a "lightning ball" during a severe thunderstorm when I was a child. It sort of flashed for a few seconds, about ten feet off of the ground and then dissipated....Didn't actually move, but, seemed to hold longer than cloud to ground lightning. Funny thing, i sort of dismissed it as childhood imagination, until my sister, who witnessed it also asked me about it a few months ago....I had no idea or recall that she actually saw it. This occurred back in the 60's

Perraine.....I f ind it hard to believe that world leaders could actually agree on something and keep it secret by mutual agreement for 70 + years, through all of the regime/political changes in that have occurred. but, then again, if there is something that literally scares them into doing so throughout the decades....

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but, something is wrong....I'll withhold personal judgement until someone/thing shows me.

@edgeburner - Good points all. "Belief certainly is a pre-requisite for any theory, sometimes even supposedly "scientific" ones. For instance I've always believed (no pun intended) that "objectivity" always requires at least some "subjectivity" in order for it to be considered "truth" or "fact".

As to collusion between those in power, well, It need not necessarily be agreements or "conspiracy" between politicians. Hollywood tropes notwithstanding, there are many groups, businesses and individuals in the world with a great deal of power, money and influence, who control many aspects of our lives, and not all of those are "governments".

Something that I notice in the video is the relative postions of the dark spot (I'm assuming that is supposed to be the UFO) and the center pip of the HUD never varies one bit. The plane is in a turn to port the whole time, and yet stays perfectly on the same relative bearing to the target all the way through the turn? Doesn't seem very real to me ... has more of the appearance of an artifact on the HUD display.

The other thing that strikes me as a bit off is the audio quality. When you listen to some other aircraft audio for comparison the audio in this clip has more of a "sound studio" quality than any aircraft audio I've listened to before.

Yeah, I really didn't think much of the video.... The aircraft is in a pretty hard bank, but, I don't see any of the heading, altitude, or airspeed numbers changing....... That's pretty much impossible to do........ especially in that hard of a turn.

At this point, I am extremely skeptical about the whole 'visitation' thing. I agree, that is NOT something that could be kept secret for 7 decades. Too many people would know about it, and the odds of ALL of them keeping quiet about it, are VERY close to zero.......

Yeah, I really didn't think much of the video.... The aircraft is in a pretty hard bank, but, I don't see any of the heading, altitude, or airspeed numbers changing....... That's pretty much impossible to do........ especially in that hard of a turn.

At this point, I am extremely skeptical about the whole 'visitation' thing. I agree, that is NOT something that could be kept secret for 7 decades. Too many people would know about it, and the odds of ALL of them keeping quiet about it, are VERY close to zero.......

Unless we go with the line from Independence Day ... "plausible deniability Mr President".