UFO's The Basis for What?

edgeburner

The distances, complexity and time required for interstellar travel are somewhat difficult (for me at least) to fully grasp. And thats just the linear "everyday" physics. I do feel there must be other life in whatever form on other worlds but the complexity of time and space perhaps means we will never meet them.... I do think having spent some time on the subject that life is a lucky accident and therefore, entirely possible to have occured one or a billion times in the known universe. UFO's......Again time,distance etc...maybe..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything is pretty much possible I guess. What we really need though is hard tangible evidence. Without that, its all theory. When/if they find a verifiably extra-terrestrial lifeform that clearly and demonstrably did not come from Earth, I'll be the first looking for an autograph. Probably get lasered in the face instead, but hey.

We?! I don't!

Tangible evidence?!

Elon Musk is making Unidentified Flying Objects while illiterate masses, Jay Leno interviewed, remain unaware that some humans have already visited the Moon and the rest of the scientists are just too scared to do anything after all the data they acquired gave them more reasons not to continue to explore the idea of traveling in outer space.

Fear has already been visited upon the masses. The people who would be mining asteroids and globs of ice floating by our home planet are being told not too. prepare for that. Instead we are all being driven to being in disbelief.

It is our future!

Either apply your education to that design to make it our future. or go back to think you and your family can beat China in the area of making babies. China has a population of 1.4 Billion people and they all want to make more babies. It's too late to even try to compete in the baby making arena. And China, recently allowed families to make two per family.

Are we discussing UFO's, or actual aliens? Cause there's a pretty simple answer behind UFO's - people now knowing all the facts.

A literal unidentified flying object is, by definition, coming from a place of ignorance, due to it being unidentified. Thus, it defying our understanding of what it should be able to do comes simply from us not knowing what it is. In the case of this particular video, its most likely some mundane explanation that, when the facts come out, will just make everyone feel like idiots.

Cause there's a pretty simple answer behind UFO's - people now knowing all the facts.

Holy Mother of Dread Sithis - that is some deep esoteric brain farterisations right there. I'm going to have to spend a few days contemplating the complex aspects of that deepity.

I might also check what condition my condition is in....

A literal unidentified flying object is, by definition, coming from a place of ignorance, due to it being unidentified.

What place would a figurative unidentified flying object come from....?

While the Acronym UFO does technically simply mean any airborne object that the observer doesn't recognise (A Stealth Fighter, while known to most "modern" people, may be considered an UFO if observed by a sheltered South American tribe) This could easily also include rare atmospheric phenomenon or visual aberrations caused by rare physical, chemical or atomic conditions and interactions.

But the term "UFO" also has a widely accepted secondary meaning of an airborne (or perhaps landed) non-human made object or craft, of unknown construction and/or purpose.

But that doesn't , by definition, automatically mean "aliens" but could be some strange natural occurrence of which we have no current knowledge. Pulsar's for instance were, at first, thought to be "ET" trying to communicate, until a better, and more realistic explanation was discovered.

Imagine if, hypothetically, a pure Bismuth crystal asteroid, say around 20 or 30 cubic meters in size, was to enter our solar system? Would it not look like some strange alien space craft?

• 1 year later...

of course it would! Aliens are a long way off , so many people think UFOs means Aliens but well explained by Perraine, good summary. Aliens are out there somewhere but if you think about all the life forms that evolved on Earth going back 3 billion years you can get an idea of the different / range of Aliens possible. if some kind of fish like "Alien" was found on Titan , that would be an Alien but unlikely to have the wherewithal to fly to Earth in a UFO.

in my view UFOs come in 2 categories : true origin > US (e.g. foreign government) in the present > OR humans from the future

I dont believe any UFOs have arrived from another planet except in the example given by Perraine, I like that!

Personal opinion, based on 70+ years of experience with people.

First, most people underestimate the capabilities of normal human ingenuity. The drive to imagine and create objects and tools greater than themselves. The simple ability to adapt one tool to other uses. From walking to horseback to carts with wheels to automobiles to supersonic aircraft being only one thread. Human beings are extremely capable and adaptable.

Second, and partially because of the first, human being tend to create beings with powers and capabilities which can only be described as extra-natural. Call these beings gods or leprechauns or little green men, these beings seem to get great pleasure out of meddling in the growth path and evolution of human beings.

For me personally, I tend to dismiss the extra-natural explanations and stick to the ingenuity and capabilities which human beings possess to meddle in their own growth path and evolution.

Now, I know that one man's magic is another man's engineering. Thus my discounting the extra-natural can be argued against using that premise. I will accept that the firearm was magic to Indigenous South Americans when the Spanish Conquistadors arrived, and that gun-powder was magic when the first Spaniards were introduced to it, and that some Chinese alchemist was extremely surprised when he mixed chicken s*** with charcoal and sulfur and set it alight.

My point being that the scientific advancement which produced the magic of firearms can be traced and documented. And thus is it with every human advancement throughout history. An insight here, an accidental discovery there, a whimsical idea which works, a lifelong study of nature which proves a theory, and suddenly, you have made magic. And a precious few of us humans are capable of creating great scientific advances, which the rest of us plebeians see as magic.

But alas, accepting the role of plebe runs contrary to our egos, so we resort to discounting the capabilities and accomplishments of the truly gifted and invent extra-natural beings with which to prove the magicians false. And to make ourselves feel better about ourselves.

Edited by ScytheBearer

I used to work for a defense contractor, and our section was QA (Quality Assurance). On numerous occasions I've seen metals and materials with strange properties, and we didn't ask what it was, we just did what they told us to do. Including but not limited to metals or materials that appear to adapt to their environment, such as the application of extreme heat or cold, or pressure changes the properties of the metal in a way that allows it to greater resist these things, some of these materials can even resist plasma cutters. I can't say for sure this is alien tech, but this type of stuff is so far ahead of anything else we have that it certainly raises the question of where they got it, or how they learned to just leap this far ahead on metallurgy and synthetic materials. Some of these materials I can confirm are carbon nanotube structures, and they're quite advanced in design and properties.

Additionally, some of these craft we think might be "alien" might in reality be US aircraft, or possibly from another country. Given how adept they appear to be at hiding massive advancements in technology, and keeping it under wraps, it's not too much of a stretch to think they might have figured out some exotic propulsion methods by now. Exotic propulsion methods might require equally exotic materials engineered for the airframe.

When I see aircraft like these "tic tacs" like in the above video which appear to come out during a Navy training exercise, to me this looks like a drone fleet designed for both attack and defense. If the fuselage of those drones are made of carbon nanotube structures like what I've seen in the QA lab, they could easily double as kinetic assault drones, and missile interceptors simply by ramming into targets, both in the air, or underwater.

Edited by Beriallord