No "like" feature?

eshenk

I believe that early on, for the mod pages at least, there was a feature similar to that. With people being people, there was enough abuse (using it as a tool to downgrade/discredit individuals by those ganging up against them) that the system was dropped.

If you like a mod then Endorse it, if you find somebody who for whatever reason that makes sense to you deserves a Kudo visit their Nexus Mods profile and give them one of those. Those are the "no cost" options available here. You can also donate to anyone you wish (who has enabled that option in their profile ... many may not know about it).

This site really feels "naked" without it. So many times, I have motioned my cursor to where the option would normally be, LOL. It just makes things seem a bit more interactive. I mean it's way better to have this "system", than to actually tag a member and say "I like your comment", LOL. I mean it's not like it also needs a "dislike" option also.

It can also tie in with a member's reputation, where each member has a "score" based on how many "likes" said person has tallied.

Also, congrats....I see you are getting ready to celebrate your 10 year anniversary here.

Edited by eshenk

This site really feels "naked" without it. So many times, I have motioned my cursor to where the option would normally be, LOL. It just makes things seem a bit more interactive. I mean it's way better to have this "system", than to actually tag a member and say "I like your comment", LOL. I mean it's not like it also needs a "dislike" option also.

It can also tie in with a member's reputation, where each member has a "score" based on how many "likes" said person has tallied.

Also, congrats....I see you are getting ready to celebrate your 10 year anniversary here.

Ahh ... gee thanks, now I feel old. To look at you one would never guess you had such a mean streak!!

Just joking. I know I'm about the same age as dirt (though quite possibly the older of the two).

I know there have been discussions in the past on the subject, and I'm sure I've seen the "Like only" idea floated, but I don't recall why it never gained traction with Dark0ne (the site owner). There is nothing stopping you from starting a thread in the Feedback, suggestions and questions forum (or you could use search once on that page and see if you can turn up the old discussions ... if that is in fact the forum they happened on).

- Edit - As usual I'm a "stick it in my own pipe and smoke it" kinda' guy ... this was the best I came up with from that forum's first 5 pages of hits (using my pathetic Search foo) ... Downvote button.

Edited by Striker879