ToSh6996

It's all good :D

Not deployed just yet

but very glad that the mods are installing n not failing

getting the basics first n then going to try deploying after that

so fingerscrossed everything will work out :D

lol slow n steady with a super slow internet connection too ;p

let you know once i try to deploy

FWIW, unless you've set Vortex for manual deployment, If you install and complete the installation process, a deployment is accomplished, even if you haven't launched the game, fwiw (can't say for MO2 as I've never used it)

1) installs the mod

2) checks for load order contentions

3) deploys the mod (runs FNIS, assembles the scripts and resources in prep for running the game)

otherwise it does 1 and 2 but not 3 until you hit the deploy button

IFF you're installing mods but not deploying them I'd kinda advise that you not so that. yo can leave yourself in a messy situation.

regards

Thank you for being such a sweety with all this n me :D

But I am being good and letting it deploy after each install so that it triggers the 1 2 3 steps

( lol i get a little worried sometimes when it installs a mod but didn't trigger the 1 2 3 steps, till i realize that not all installed mods need to ;p )

I'm not wanting to try running the game until all mods have downloaded n installed

Just so i dont have any missing masters or have redundant files etc etc :D

Tell the truth I'm a little hesitant to try to deploy the game just yet, at least untill everything is finished

P.s im only using Vortex as it seemed like the simplest to work out for a beginner

Edited by ToSh6996

feh, I'm no sweetie. I'm a gruff, grumpy old man.

How many mods have you installed so far?

I really don't think that installing a huge number of mods without opening the game is a good idea. You can do what you want, but imo it's fraught with "danger" since each new installed mod represents another "degree of freedom" in debugging IF something does go wrong.

My boring, grumpy old man advise is always the same. Load the game after installing a mod and check to make sure

a) the game loads (main menu opens)

b) the game works. (ie, a game save loads correctly and doesn't crash to desktop quickly when you walk around or visit a target created by a mod.)

It's a little tedious when you have a long list of mods you've decided you want included, but (IME) it beats facing a non-working game and a list of 20 or 30 or more potential sources for that crash.

Lol are you sure, your not a sweety??

Have you helped me more than you first intended? dont have to reply to that, you know the answer :)

I've had awesome yarns with grumpy old men, got brilliant tales n jokes

I let all my old mods ( 194 total ) that work on the old pc before it got upgraded

go through all the fixes/redundant/rules etc etc first

Sadly most said a .esp file was missing and needed to be re downloaded, did that

Now i've got 2 installed and enabled FNIS Behavior SE 7_6, USSEP and FNIS Data

Game running fine so far 191 to go :D

P.s every year i tell my 89 yr old Granddad a new clean/dirty ( lol only becomes dirty for those whom are dirty minded :'D but a few are ones he told me as a kid ) lol i even beat him with the ' You kids got it easy! When I was a kid I got to school by '

pps Hope Fathers Day went well :)

Pish tosh young lady (I hope I have that right, if not my apologies... nah I don't apologize hrmph) . I'll have none of that nice talk. I'm grumpy and old and curmudgeonly.

PS> I'm not *that old, just old. Too old for my liking. And ty for the dad's day wish but boohoo unfortunately no kids.

And like your dear old grandpa... That's right. When I started playing computer games, we had to play up the hill both ways. In the rain. With no shoes. And only wire frame models :laugh:

Glad to hear the game is working so far. Remember, be at least somewhat cautious when installing. you don't have to spend a day checking, just make sure things aren't tanking/breaking before you load another (or another few, as I suspect you'll do either way :wink:

Oh sorry my bad, did you see yours? Besides as an up side, you still get to save on Dad's day stuff n have a beverage of you liking :smile:

Yeah Tosh is right ( tee hee on the no apologies ) :D I loved the days of getting out n about building forts hunting trapping no power phone

and when you did get to play a computer game you had to program it in or wait hours for it to load. So you would have to go outside to wait for it anyway :'D

Besides Young at heart is better than old before your time :D

only one hic up so far n that is SKSE 64 not working even though I've manually and vortex installed it

researching it atm

PS my 1st pc was a commador vic 20 ;p oh no im showing my age eeeek

Edited by ToSh6996

Lucky you. I had to wait until I was in college. first computer was a burrows main frame and my first language was Fortran 77. The closest thing I did to writing "games" at that time was calculating orbits of satellites. whee! (I liked it anyway)

SKSE64... version? 2.0.19 or 2.0.17?

2.0.17 is all you technically need for Skyrim SE 1.5.97, and some of us have had problems with SKSE64 2.0.19 due to a few lingering mods that don't accept it as a valid version. (Not me, I haven't tried updating and am still using 2.0.17 and intend to do so until I'm required to update)

Having said that... If you have not tried this, try it

Go to the folder where the SKSE64_loader.exe is located.

Create a shortcut to SKSE64_loader.exe

Move the shortcut to your desktop

Run the game by using that shortcut.

If that doesn't work and IFF you have SKSE64 2.0.19 installed, I'd recommend trying 2.0.17. You can find that at silverlock.org (where you got SKSE64?) in its archive section

PS> commodore 64 or not, with an 89 year old grandpa, you're still at least young enough to be my daughter (my mom is 90) so you're what she'd call a "whipper snapper"... (and I'd have called major jail bait just a few "short" years ago :tongue: ... )

I do have SKSE64 2.0.19 silverlock.org dont have 2.0.17 there anymore for what i can see

i tried the shortcut you suggested but it says that it cant find Skyrim exe file

strange that as vortex n steam Skyrim folders are on the same drive but not C:

Wow a Burrows Main Frame that would have been an interesting machine to have a tinker with :D Fortran 77 looks familiar is it like java script perchance?

Lol Commodore Vic 20 was flash as to me, but just a hand me down from richer family members when they got a NES , ( they didnt know how to work it, apart from Buck Rodgers n the 25th century as it was a cartridge ) i just played around to see what did what, like with setting the time on the old vhs players

At a guess about 30 odd years ago now early to mid 90s

Amazing how many lifetimes you can live within just one :smile:

Yes i am a whipper snapper and also know how to use a 2 man post stomp too tee hee

lol never been called jail bait though :'D

Your mum sounds like an amazing woman :D

PS. i tried to make the shortcut again, moved it to my desktop and launched, strangely it worked this time hmmmm strange that it didnt first off

Edited by ToSh6996