Breathing new life into Oblivion Mods

Moksha8088

The way to breath new life into Oblivion Mods would be for fans to convert them into NMM installable files and post them here on the Oblivion Nexus. Such a conversion would also work for MO2 and Vortex. Help out a younger generation of players who have too much to do to learn antiquated means of installation.

Player who have converted Skyrim Old Edition mods into Skyrim Stable Edition mods are regarded as gods among players. You too could obtain that exalted status. Start today and make a name for yourself. The red carpet awaits...

Who will be responsible for getting permission? Many of these mods were made by authors who have not been active for years. I do understand your enthusiasm, but site rules need to be respected.

The way to breath new life into Oblivion Mods would be for fans to convert them into NMM installable files and post them here on the Oblivion Nexus. Such a conversion would also work for MO2 and Vortex. Help out a younger generation of players who have too much to do to learn antiquated means of installation.

Player who have converted Skyrim Old Edition mods into Skyrim Stable Edition mods are regarded as gods among players. You too could obtain that exalted status. Start today and make a name for yourself. The red carpet awaits...

So, get started, start by contacting all of the modders you want to have their mods converted and get their permission to do so, then start repackaging them.

That's what the issue is with most of them.

I posted an experiment I did with Oblviion, and converting mods to make them installable with Vortex for my own use.

Vortex and Oblivion an Experiment

Who will be responsible for getting permission?

The person who will get the fame and glory for such conversions should contact the mod author. Since it will be bringing their mod to a wider audience it should not be a problem, unless they have since passed beyond the living realm or otherwise cannot be reached. In any case, permission first and then conversion.

Who will be responsible for getting permission?

The person who will get the fame and glory for such conversions should contact the mod author. Since it will be bringing their mod to a wider audience it should not be a problem, unless they have since passed beyond the living realm or otherwise cannot be reached. In any case, permission first and then conversion.

You're trying to pass off all the work of your Idea as "Fame and Glory", to get something you want.

Here's a suggestion, if you want this to happen, then why not put some effort into it, which would inspire a LOT more people than promises of "Fame and Glory"?

Since it's YOUR idea, why don't you start setting that up for it to happen, BY BEING THE ORGANIZER of this, by contacting the mod authors, and getting a list of Mods that have the Mod Authors approval that you can post in Another thread, for modders to "Claim" which mods they want to port?

By Organizing this, and being active in the project, you'd be a PARTICIPANT, and show Modders that you actually cared about your idea

There's far too many people on the forums with big ideas, but those big ideas always involve somebody else doing all the work.

Seriously, it's not a bad idea, so how about contacting the mod authors, and get a list of the mod authors that approved, and post their responses and post a list of the mods that modders could pick from to update and make your idea happen?

That would be far more helpful than just the usual Nexus forum post of "I have an idea, but everybody else needs to do the work" post.

Why, just think of all the "Fame and Glory" you would have by making this idea into a reality, by organizing this. :wink:

Why, just think of all the "Fame and Glory" you would have by making this idea into a reality, by organizing this. :wink:

I am afraid it is far easier at my age to let this game slip into Oblivion. The Nexus Dilemma of needing to seek the author's permission to convert the mods into an easily installable format seems like too formidable of undertaking for me.

I am afraid it is far easier at my age to let this game slip into Oblivion. The Nexus Dilemma of needing to seek the author's permission to convert the mods into an easily installable format seems like too formidable of undertaking for me.

I'm creeping up there myself.

I'd like to propose to Nexus the ability to let modders be able to convert "dead Mods" to a downloadable and installable format, with the stipulation that the mod be only made available on the Dead Mods" mod page.

I'd like to propose to Nexus the ability to let modders be able to convert "dead Mods" to a downloadable and installable format, with the stipulation that the mod be only made available on the Dead Mods" mod page.

So basically 95% of the mods here on the Oblivion Nexus?

So basically 95% of the mods here on the Oblivion Nexus?

Pretty much.

I made the proposal in the Suggestions, Feedback forum