Doorway makes npcs invisible in Volkihar castle

Aiyatani

Hi all. First before I describe whats going on I play le on pc. I found a weird issue in Volkihar castle tonight. The door to the left leaving the main hall where the alchemy table is makes npcs disappear if I turn my camera into the doorway or if I look through it to the other room from either side. I watched Garan vanish as I followed him. Last thing vampire related I added was the LE test for Serana dialogue add on which I highly doubt it did anything to the castle. I've never seen this before. I included the pictures to clarify what I meant. Help anyone?

*Note on the picture with Meeko visible there was a npc next to the table when I took the picture. There was also a npc in the room by the alchemy table when I took the second shot.*

First image camera is behind me not looking through the doorway:

Y12AFOc.jpg

Second image camera is pointed into the room through the doorway:

9dav0zJ.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get this as well...I thought it was one of my mods so I did a clean reinstall...like 'deleting skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini as well as the install directory before reainstalling' clean. I still get the issue...but it only seems to be that doorway...and it only seemed to happen before completing the Bloodstone Chalice quest...might have something to do with object ownership / faction membership. Lilinynore posted the following in page 1 of the comments for Arthmoor's 'Castle Volkihar Rebuilt - SSE' so we are not the only ones. Will look into it further on my end and confirm if it is still occurring after the Chalice quest is now complete. Like Lilinynore I had ELFX loaded...but it still occurs after a clean reinstall. I am using USSEP along with a handful of small mods that don't affect the Volkihar Keep. Good Luck. (For now I just consider it some magic Vingalmo, Feran, Garan, and Ronthil put up in order to have some privacy from wandering eyes in the dining hall. :cool: )

***It is not occurring after the Bloodstone Chalice. Will check a save from before and see if it is.***

29 September 2020, 1:50AM

Seem to be getting weird issues with this and ELFX. Fog and lights seem to pop weirdly when changing rooms, and people also pop in and out depending on what room you're in. Most noticeable when going from the Main Hall to the alchemy and enchanting stations. I'm not positive that this mod is responsible, but I can't think of anything else that would affect the interiors of Castle Volkihar like that, so I guess what I'm saying is I hope there's some way to make them compatible. :tongue: Cheers.
Edited by Yellowbeard77

• 2 months later...

I also just ran into this issue. This is the only time I've ever joined the Volkihar faction in a playthrough, so this is new to me. I'm currently troubleshooting. I'm curious about whether it still occurs even if I've done the bloodstone chalice quest, as I'm not that far yet.

I also just ran into this issue. This is the only time I've ever joined the Volkihar faction in a playthrough, so this is new to me. I'm currently troubleshooting. I'm curious about whether it still occurs even if I've done the bloodstone chalice quest, as I'm not that far yet.

Well at least I am not alone with this issue. I have started a new game since I last checked this post so I will see if it does it again and if it happens before and/or after the blood chalice quest. I have mods that effects vampires themselves as far as powers and looks. Not anything I can think of that has to do with the castle even now this long after posting. Maybe at most a retexture of something, but I doubt it. Please let me know what happens. This isn't something that will make me stop playing on the Volkihar side it's just buggy and weird.