Vortex replacing AddIns.xml file in my documents?

Daylight18

Hello Everyone
I was hoping you could help me figure out how to use Vortex to propperly mod Dragon Age Origins.
I have only used NMM, to mod it before, which worked just fine, the problem I am running into at the moment is that:
Vortex replaces the AddIns.xml file in "my documents\Bioware\Settings" folder which in turn deletes all my DLC from the 'INSTALLED' tap of the in-game view DLC/MODS which directly leads to them not being available in the actual game.

So I am hoping someone here can tell me how to configure Vortex to not f*#@ with the AddIns.xml file in such a way that it deletes my DLC, but only installs the Mods - I thinks it is suppsed to add to the AddIns.xml file so that the Mods show up to? - But at the moment it is just replacing the file with an AddIns.xml that only contains the Mods.

So at the moment I can only do 1 of 2 things either play with mods or play with DLC's :'(

Please send help! (via your comments!) ^_^

I can't really help you there, since I've never used either. I have seen both of them recommended by frequent posters around these parts, however. Perhaps someone experienced with them will come along and offer some insight.

I would suggest you take a look at recent posts for both of them - I noticed some posts on the DAModder page that point out some issues people have had getting it to work properly on Win10 along with the solutions they found.

Whichever one you choose, you'll probably need to repair your install first, to get your DLC entries back. Also, don't forget to make it LAA (large address aware) once the install is complete.

Good luck.

DAO-Modmanager and DAModder are similar, but have different functionality.

DAO-ModManager can install and uninstall DAzip mods. It is also the only installer that can handle .override packages, both to install and configure them. It will not, however, install manual override mods, which have to be dealt with old skool. (Unzip and move to the game's override folder, as the Maker intended.)

DAModder can also install.uninstall DAzip mods. It will also install and uninstall manual override mods (at least those in ZIP archives, not sure about RAR or 7Zip archives, sorry!). It cannot, however, install or configure .override packages.

And of course, DAzips can also be installed with the native daupdater.exe utility, but uninstalling would have to be done manually, or with one of the above managers.

Performance-wise, DAModder will sometimes fail to fully uninstall mods, leaving behind garbage files which can negatively impact on the game.

I personally use and recommend DAO-ModManager; it is reliable as both an installer and uninstaller, it is the only option when using .override packages, and it can even create user-specific custom .override packages of manual override mods.

(ETA that Vortex has always had the issue of trashing the addins.xml file and despite constant reports of the bug, it persists.)

Edited by theskymoves

Alrighty, well thanks to the both of you for replying to my plea :)
After the shining Endorsment @Mrs Grumpy Girdle: gave to DAO-ModManager, I will use that one.

It is kind of sad though that a bug that has repeatedly been mentioned to the vortex team, has not been fixed.
(Going by @Mrs Grumpy Girdle's - Statement above)