Dwemer Ruins are pitch black

shamino05

Hi,

I am not sure if this has ever been discussed before or not, as I can\t find any information anywhere about this problem I am having.

Everytime i enter a Dwemer Ruin, it is completely pitch black, adn cannot see a thing. Going to map shows the room, but in normal view all you can see is black. I do not know if this is a mod thats causing this issue, or if its is something else, as some Dwemer rooms are fine, and yet others, as this pitch black.

Two come to mind right know are, Bthardamz Work Shop Room, and the Dwemer part of Shimmermist Cave.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and insights.

Kindest regards

Shamino05

First of all I'd recommend a simple test: Use a torch or the "magelight" spell in one of those Dwemer ruins. If you can see something now, its "only" a lighting issue. If you still can't see anything, there's more going on.

A load order would be helpful, also information on which ENB you use. Some combinations of weather mods, interior lighting mods and ENB presets can result in almost pitch black rooms. Combine e.g. Climates of Tamriel and its "darker dungeons" addon with "ELFX hardcore" and an ENB, that tends to darken dungeons, and you won't see anything...

Thanks for the info, and I may give it a try, but just to make it clear, as I did forget to to metion this in my original post, I do not use any ENB at all. I have noticed since going back into shimmer mist dwemer parts, that the room starts off as normal, but as i enter it it fades to compelete blackness.