Fallout 3 Crashes Right After Installing Mods

Radeonn

Hello. Ever since i installed these mods to Fallout 3 using the Nexus Mod Manager, the game keeps crashing at startup...

I have just finish installed these mods:

Armored.esp

InvadorZimPipBoyPC.esp

LaulasMorefood.esp

MercBar.esp

MrStreaksMLPpack.esp

OutcastOutpost-RobCoFactory.esp

UnmarkedQuest.esp

_Fhhairtest.esp

Right after i installed these mods for the game, during startup it almost shows the screen where it says "PLEASE WAIT", then the game goes back to my desktop and a message pops up saying "Fallout 3 is not responding". Basically it crashes. I will try any solution you may give me. Thanks. :)

Radeonn - Hello!

Crash on startup of modded Fallout 3 is almost always due to a missing master, in other words you're using an .esp without another file that it needs.

In your mod manager you can left click on each of the plugins & their Masters will be listed at the bottom.

You must have all the masters listed or else using that plugin will crash the game on start up.

For example if one of those mods require CALIBR & you do not have it the game will crash on start up.

If you still can't track down the cause, turn off your mods one at a time checking between each to see when the game stops crashing on startup. That way you can find the culprit & check it's documentation for it's requirements.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

• 5 months later...

Radeonn - Hello!

Crash on startup of modded Fallout 3 is almost always due to a missing master, in other words you're using an .esp without another file that it needs.

In your mod manager you can left click on each of the plugins & their Masters will be listed at the bottom.

You must have all the masters listed or else using that plugin will crash the game on start up.

For example if one of those mods require CALIBR & you do not have it the game will crash on start up.

If you still can't track down the cause, turn off your mods one at a time checking between each to see when the game stops crashing on startup. That way you can find the culprit & check it's documentation for it's requirements.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Thankyou! One million times over, Thankyou! I've spent hours searching for a soluiton. I'm new to modding, and I've spent soooo long trying to fix this problem. Thankyou!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I have the exact same problem. Execept I have the inteligence equal to a Walrus when it comes to modding. I have no i idea what these " .esp files" or "CALIBR" things are. Could you try to dumb it down so a Walrus-Brain could understand? Thnx luhl

Sup! Same prob here! :)

Fallout 3 kept freezing randomly mid game, sometimes 3 times within an hour, sometis I could play 3hours without it freezing. So i found this mod from this site and installed it. But when I choose this file "unofficial fallout 3 patch.esm and Fallout3.esm from the "data files" and press PLAY, it crashes almost immediatly.

I have no other patches and I bought it from Steam + no DLC. So where did I go wrong?

Thnx!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...