Help with first time modding in Linux

ljackson94

Hello! I am trying to install this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4795?tab=description in Linux with Steam. I have the mod extracted and the folder "Hair 01" is in my \home\[user]\Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder. Try as I might, I can't get the new hairstyles to appear in character creation. This is the only mod I am trying to use right now.

Things I have tried:

Putting the chargenmorphcfg.xml file in the override folder.

Going to my drive_c and renaming "My Documents" to "Documents"

Leaving the chargenmorphcfg.xml inside of the override file.

Running the game in Proton 5.0.

Running the game in Proton 4.11.

Tried opening DAMM to help (I'm not sure if this works for Linux or not. It doesn't open for me.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I figured it out! My override folder was in /home/[user]/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/data/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/47810/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age when I thought it was in /home/[user]/.wine/drive_c/users/[user]/My Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age. I had to create a character than search for where the Characters folder was created in order to find it.

:thumbsup:

A good rule of thumb is to always run the game at least once before modding it. (I also recommend making a backup of the default 'Settings' folder before making any changes to the game, so there is always a 'known good' to fall back on should anything go awry.)