I'm working on a mod with a MCM menu through SkyUI and I want to provide the final text through a localization file. However, I can't find any info on how to set the mod up to actually do that.

I have the strings in the MCM using a unique key starting with $. There is a text document following the pluginName_LANGUAGE.txt format for each language in the interface/Translations folder. Each file contains the string key and it's final text separated by a single tab. I tried using xEdit to mark the plugin as localized through the header record, but this is obviously incorrect as CK crashed upon opening the plugin after that.

So far nothing I've tried has replaced the string key in the MCM. Anyone have a link to the process of localizing a mod? My google-fu has not turned up any results.

Thanks for your help.

All you need to do is translate the pluginname_Language.txt file. Just change the content on the right side of the tab separator. But if it is in a language different than your game, you won't see the changes. You'll have to find someone who has that language to confirm that it actually shows up.

That said, you could backup your main language version of the file and rename the translated version to your main language and then you should see the changed text in game.

oof, dunno how I missed that blindingly obvious link on the MCM docs, but thank's for sending it. Turns out I had the wrong encoding on the text files. VS Code defaults to UTF-8 rather than UTF-16 LE and I never really thought about it.

Seems to be working now.