2 replies to this topic

BranTheYounger

BranTheYounger

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
good morrow sires!

something very stupid happened to me: after I installed M&B WB today and changed the settings, I could no longer do couched lance damage from horseback, since my character won't lower the darned tip of that thrice-damned polearms any longer - be it warspear or any of those lances. I don't know what to do and haven't found help in any of those fora so far!

please, please help me - anyone!

Windyplains

Windyplains

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 290 posts

Did you change lance control (under your options) away from being 'automatic'?

MrFrostAllmighty

MrFrostAllmighty

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Granted I'm replying nearly 2 months after the question , but someone might arrive here from a search so :

Not all F&S Lances are actually modelled as lances . That is to say a number of weapons called "Lance" in that game cannot be used in couched lance style {this isn't as weird as it sounds as lance is actually just another word for spear and can refer to infantry weapons , not just cavalry} .

First follow Windyplains' advice then get to a death merchant with a handy bandit/enemy group nearby , save game , then buy and test in battle some lances and take notes {on paper} of which actually allow lance couching .

I do remember that the Winged Hussar Lances {requires Strength 12} all work couched .

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.972 seconds