Ownership glitches out

MassofMind

Sometimes randomly items in shops and houses lose ownership and I can take them without stealing. In Lucan's shop I can take half the items(potions, gold, sword) without it considered stealing as well as everything in the Whiterun Inn. This is immersion breaking and pretty much cheating. Anyone know how to fix this? Reset ownership command?

I've noticed that in some situations too. I thought it was due to a relationship level increase. I don't know how to reset their ownership though, I just don't take them. Stuff is way too free already, so I have to periodically dump my personal inventory or face waiting 10,15,20,30,sec to open my inventory.

Need 2500 potatoes by any chance? 5000 tomatoes? Several hundred iron daggers? A department store worth of smelly mage's robes and boots? 20,000 iron arrows? :wink:

seriously. I sometimes visit some of the weaker, more sympathetic vendors and buy all their stuff, then sell them a ton of stuff back for nothing just out of guilt for being so filthy rich while they're "raising a daughter all on their own and all the men in white run are hitting on them", etc... and then buy back enough so they have some profit and a bigger inventory (even if it really makes no difference anyway since they're all just hollow mindless constructs who don't even notice if you made them wealthy enough to buy a castle) if you don't have AA, nvm on that reference friend... I even sometimes stand in front of a beggar donating a gold coin at a time, over and over...not for the gift of charity (really, I don't need the buff) but because I get caught up in the moment, so to speak. And when a guard mumbles about me using my mage/etc skills to brew them up a cold one, I console their inventory open and slip them a few beers, wine, whatever)...yeah I admit, it's a bit retardo. I don't care. it's my game and I'll play it like I want. I'm a freakin dragon god after all.

So, in conclusion, if it's cheating... if you recognize that it's cheating, and if you have an issue with cheating... don't cheat...

gentle scolding mode off. :smile: