could someone redo the UV map on this small glove model for me?

Bunslinger

i'm having a lot of trouble redoing the UV map on this glove model i'm working on, basically what I did is i cut the fingers off of the NCR Ranger gloves and remapped the textures to the bare hand textures, which works okay except for the fact that that UV is the same as the NCR Ranger gloves. while this result was expected, I don't know where to go from here.

the reason I did that instead of cutting the fingers off and putting the bare hand model and glove together is because they're completely different shapes, so even if i reposition the bare hand fingers into the glove holes and redo the weights, it looks awful in-game because they're two different meshes with different weights and polycounts and whatnot.

i'd like to ask of someone who is good at doing UV maps to basically make the fingers (that are currently mapped to the bare hand textures) actually line up correctly with the bare hand textures.

i've included the meshes if anyone wants to give it a shot, when the mod is eventually released you'll be properly credited for doing the glove meshes.

EDIT: i've updated the meshes for a couple of things: one, the glove and hand models were incorrectly named, and two, they were in the wrong order. it's fixed now, as this caused an issue where they wouldn't unequip properly if you took the armor off

Edited by LolzMan1325

I actually tried that, and the problem with that is, unless there's a better plugin than the niftools one i downloaded from github for newer versions of blender, I can't export the new nif properly--opening it in nifskope just results in an error and the mesh becomes unusable. Unwrapping the UV in 2.49b (the version of blender that works well with new vegas), unwraps it in a completely different way than 2.8 to 2.9, one that unwraps it as if it is looking down the fingers. Having to do this 4 times, I'd like to make the process of unwrapping as quick as possible. As much as I'd love to use the new unwrapped UV from 2.8 or 2.9, it can't export correctly, and without doing extra work in 2.49b (marking seams), this process becomes too tedious to do 4 times.

and even if i do get it to work, i don't know enough about UV mapping to rearrange the verticies so that the texture doesn't look really, really bad

Edited by LolzMan1325

I suggest that you actually use the hand mesh. Just cap off the ends of the fingers of the glove. Fitting the UV to the texture is too much work in my opinion.

Edited by AusAllerWelt

The problem still persists though, that being that the fingers don't naturally fit into the holes and the two meshes have to be heavily modified to fit together yet it always ends up looking bad because the weighting is so different.

Edited by LolzMan1325

yeah i suppose, at this point i was just trying to see if there was some easier/simple way or if there was something i was missing so i could do it myself, might try a couple more things before i post a thread about it there though

Edited by LolzMan1325