The Speed of Thought

Deleted54170User

That's a question you'd have to ask God.

Oh! I don't like to talk about those kinds of people. I prefer archaeologist evidence that leaves us without any doubt we don't know enough about anything from the past to know what a God is.

I wouldn't know a God if I saw one. Everyone seems to think they are Gods, or God's gift to man or God's gift to woman. Then tell me I am not. I'm just a cripple. Poor insignificant cripple as far as they are concerned.

It's sad that you mentioned that kind of infinitely all knowing know nothing blurb. If a God answered questions like Gods are supposed to we all would be so well educated we could reach out of our solar systems and beyond. Faster than the speed of life!

Hmmm, I believe you misunderstood me.

I wasn't making any reference to a particular deity or religion. However your reference to a "soul", the existence of which is a completely unscientific hypothesis, leads only to the belief in some "higher" being and/or state of being.

When I speak of God, and I do indeed believe in God, I'm not picturing Morgan Freeman in a white suit, or some other "being" you can actually talk to. But rather in the same sense that Einstein himself was referring to when he said (paraphrasing) "God does not play dice with the universe".

In this sense 'God" isn't a being, but rather a "consciousness" or "drive" that is the "reason" for the Universe. It's an "idea" of existence, perhaps in some unknown (and unknowable) dimension or "plane of existence", but it some way, it's what makes the universe "live".

Your words were what made your meaning unclear. Now that you have elucidated with words to show you have some sense of a vast real estate beyond what we call our sight can view it is better that you recognized you used uneducated words spoken by children who have not read much about life yet and wrote words now about it with more words to appraise your own concepts.

What matters is that people never let what we believe become so ingrained we never find out if what we known and can compare to beliefs are valid. Scientist often become frustrated adventurers who only wish to find a way back to the udder of life.

Unlike Nostradamus: MIchel de Nostredame who was a great physician that used code to keep his medical journals from being read by uneducated doctors and competing doctors from his own school. Some of his first journals were stolen while on delivery to the college which he gave his reports on medical research. With his wife and childrens help he started coding and making several copies to assure at least one of his latest work in his journals would get to the correct people at the college.

Coding them made them worthless to hired thieves who would rob couriers for them and sell them to people of the craft who wanted his knowledge so they could heal their own and receive acclaim for the wisdom. The wisdom they didn't have the patience to learn on their own. His children received letters about how the family at home was doing in the code we call Quatrains for their entire lives keeping them safe from the many dangers life presented them from the uneducated hoards.

Such were the ways of the good doctors of those times. Once you got your foot in the door it was your secrets that gave you tenure. No wonder they still write atrociously and use language that is beyond normal comprehension ... it's in the roots of their calling.

I'm onboard with the concepts you guys are proposing ... what got me off the "old track" I wandered until middle age and onto the "new and improved, with all the bells and whistles" track I have travelled since began with a simple concept to get me past some deeply rooted prejudices. G O D ... Good Orderly Direction.

Make it past the third step and it's a cakewalk (all up hill of course ... but does anything worthwhile lie downhill??).

My question is ...

Where does Mr Murphy figure into all this? He lives at the Striker Manor, always has his feet up on the furniture, and is welcome to leave whenever the notion strikes him.

I've been ready for years.

Edited by Striker879

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! I don't like to talk about those kinds of people. I prefer archaeologist evidence that leaves us without any doubt we don't know enough about anything from the past to know what a God is.

I wouldn't know a God if I saw one. Everyone seems to think they are Gods, or God's gift to man or God's gift to woman. Then tell me I am not. I'm just a cripple. Poor insignificant cripple as far as they are concerned.

It's sad that you mentioned that kind of infinitely all knowing know nothing blurb. If a God answered questions like Gods are supposed to we all would be so well educated we could reach out of our solar systems and beyond. Faster than the speed of life!

I wasn't making any reference to a particular deity or religion. However your reference to a "soul", the existence of which is a completely unscientific hypothesis, leads only to the belief in some "higher" being and/or state of being.

When I speak of God, and I do indeed believe in God, I'm not picturing Morgan Freeman in a white suit, or some other "being" you can actually talk to. But rather in the same sense that Einstein himself was referring to when he said (paraphrasing) "God does not play dice with the universe".

In this sense 'God" isn't a being, but rather a "consciousness" or "drive" that is the "reason" for the Universe. It's an "idea" of existence, perhaps in some unknown (and unknowable) dimension or "plane of existence", but it some way, it's what makes the universe "live".

Your words were what made your meaning unclear. Now that you have elucidated with words to show you have some sense of a vast real estate beyond what we call our sight can view it is better that you recognized you used uneducated words spoken by children who have not read much about life yet and wrote words now about it with more words to appraise your own concepts.

What matters is that people never let what we believe become so ingrained we never find out if what we known and can compare to beliefs are valid. Scientist often become frustrated adventurers who only wish to find a way back to the udder of life.

Unlike Nostradamus: MIchel de Nostredame who was a great physician that used code to keep his medical journals from being read by uneducated doctors and competing doctors from his own school. Some of his first journals were stolen while on delivery to the college which he gave his reports on medical research. With his wife and childrens help he started coding and making several copies to assure at least one of his latest work in his journals would get to the correct people at the college.

Coding them made them worthless to hired thieves who would rob couriers for them and sell them to people of the craft who wanted his knowledge so they could heal their own and receive acclaim for the wisdom. The wisdom they didn't have the patience to learn on their own. His children received letters about how the family at home was doing in the code we call Quatrains for their entire lives keeping them safe from the many dangers life presented them from the uneducated hoards.

Such were the ways of the good doctors of those times. Once you got your foot in the door it was your secrets that gave you tenure. No wonder they still write atrociously and use language that is beyond normal comprehension ... it's in the roots of their calling.

I'm onboard with the concepts you guys are proposing ... what got me off the "old track" I wandered until middle age and onto the "new and improved, with all the bells and whistles" track I have travelled since began with a simple concept to get me past some deeply rooted prejudices. G O D ... Good Orderly Direction.

Make it past the third step and it's a cakewalk (all up hill of course ... but does anything worthwhile lie downhill??).

My question is ...

Where does Mr Murphy figure into all this? He lives at the Striker Manor, always has his feet up on the furniture, and is welcome to leave whenever the notion strikes him.

Oh! I know!

It's all about RISING to the top of the hill, (heap) and enter the outhouse with the latest letters in hand. A moment of brief quiet before the sounds of how the last supper begins to be heard. Which often were quiet unheard times. Until the occasion for meals with new and untried food types arrived the night before with explosive gases, grunts, groans, and growls of the fierce beast within us; reaches the ears down on the mile marker we began our climb from. Where all those standing about hear and fear they are also going to have experience with while they wait in line there.

The cook could surmise what not to add to the meals before the cook began eating the treats themself that way. Wise is the cooks way. PB&J is so easy to the mind where all the reasons for living also receive the reports of our backside. :laugh:

My question is ...

Oh! I know!

It's all about RISING to the top of the hill, (heap) and enter the outhouse with the latest letters in hand. A moment of brief quiet before the sounds of how the last supper begins to be heard. Which often were quiet unheard times. Until the occasion for meals with new and untried food types arrived the night before with explosive gases, grunts, groans, and growls of the fierce beast within us; reaches the ears down on the mile marker we began our climb from. Where all those standing about hear and fear they are also going to have experience with while they wait in line there.

The cook could surmise what not to add to the meals before the cook began eating the treats themself that way. Wise is the cooks way. PB&J is so easy to the mind where all the reasons for living also receive the reports of our backside. :laugh:

Ah ... the Burnin' Ring 'o Fire. Last time I had that bad was also the last time I tried making my own chilli (if 1 spoonful of this stuff is good ... then two, or maybe even three would be way way better, right??). If it can leave burn marks on your skin when you take the leftovers from the fridge to reheat you would be well advised to rethink the dinner menu.

My younger days were not noted for good decisions.

To tell you the truth, at my age, that description sounds like me every morning after my first 3 or 4 sips of coffee ...

But, I do like "G O D ... Good Orderly Direction" It hints at the inevitability and scientifically theorized predictable functioning of the universes forces and workings, but it doesn't rule out some measure of self determinism.

To tell you the truth, at my age, that description sounds like me every morning after my first 3 or 4 sips of coffee ...

But, I do like "G O D ... Good Orderly Direction" It hints at the inevitability and scientifically theorized predictable functioning of the universes forces and workings, but it doesn't rule out some measure of self determinism.

And yet, if you know a bit about that "third step" I allude to it does rule out much of what most people consider self determination.

We are accountable for what we do, and it is by our actions right now that our futures are shaped but outcomes are not in our purview. All we can control is what we do at this instant, the rest will unfold as it will.

How prevalent is that order of business in today's society?

I am!

And yet, if you know a bit about that "third step" I allude to it does rule out much of what most people consider self determination.

We are accountable for what we do, and it is by our actions right now that our futures are shaped but outcomes are not in our purview. All we can control is what we do at this instant, the rest will unfold as it will.

In passing through a building I saw a few stacked bags on a few pallets on the floor. They were not stacked on top of each reminding me that it took some work to make them looked better stacked. I had nothing more occur as I passed by and went out of the building. I encountered a man who appeared to make me think of someone in authority. Someone I might talk to about becoming employed as the one in charge of the stock in that room with the bags only one extra on top of each of the four on the pallets on the floor. Eight all together. I suggested that I would prefer some kind of arrangement giving me authority and I awakened from the dream.

I felt a feeling that I was denied work. I felt the feelings of feeling useless. I wanted to right myself and prove I wasn't. I was awake though, so I had no further connection with the dream sleep realm. The dream views and encounter seemed as real as real can get. I deduced I had other reasons that made it so I could not live in the dream realm any longer. A short dream. I sensed while I was thinking what to mention that I was dreaming of what was remaining after a long day of work which causes some of us to be in a sense asleep as we work. Repeating the task is automatic until it grows dark and life begins to return to my mind. The evaluation of what remained in supplies gave me the feeling of having the persons job for leaving the remaining sacks of material for the job in a little bit of disarray fired up the sour thought in my dream sleep as the visions began to grow dark and my mind awakened me in the early morning hours when the Sun no longer rises at four in the a.m.. I wondered what time it was because I felt a little out of sorts myself. I found the nearest time piece and realized I had slept until 7:20 AM MDT. Which would explain my discomfort since I had in mind to finish some work before dark and it wasn't even light out when the thought the work day was over occurred in my dream sleep.

Work, work, work! How the anthropological analyzes and prepares for the next day of business in today's society. Now it is so different to me I feel as a tough who worked all those years of hard labor only to have it all becoming like a cake walk and all we have to do is keep taking a turn at it until we are the lucky winner of the next cake. So easy! So relaxed! And yet each time I put an eye on the scenes I see more troubled youth who can't see the work that I did when I was a lad. They can't even imagine the jobs I did with tools that no longer are seen except in a museum.

I seem to suffer for not having to anymore. I seem to punish myself for not having to do the hard labor anymore. I seem to regard those in a discomforting way who have never had to do such work that earned our bodies aches and pains and little more than enough money to pay for board and room, a new set of work clothes and work tools each cycle the old ones wore out.

The corona-virus and now the forest fires have driven people out of work and out of their comfort zones.

So many I have seen. When I was young I helped when I had no means of support, I served when I saw a problem I could solve. I got board more often than a room with luxury furnishings.

I don't want to make anyone feel sad. It's just the way of life I had with the people I lived near and worked alongside. We were earning just enough some days that would save us from a harsher night life for one restful evening.

The speed of my thought while I was asleep dreaming of a task I saw; only required a few bags be straightened up so they didn't leave behind enough disarray so that when their contents were needed no one would stumble in the dark have tripping over them, possibly tearing them open, and lettings the contents spill so we had a greater problem in the morning.

I learned while watching a movie about Indiana Jones that in Latin Jehovah is spelled Iehovah. I just Google it to see if it was spelled with a capital 'i' only to find it is also stated in words spelled, "Iehouah".

I am!

In passing through a building I saw a few stacked bags on a few pallets on the floor. They were not stacked on top of each reminding me that it took some work to make them looked better stacked. I had nothing more occur as I passed by and went out of the building. I encountered a man who appeared to make me think of someone in authority. Someone I might talk to about becoming employed as the one in charge of the stock in that room with the bags only one extra on top of each of the four on the pallets on the floor. Eight all together. I suggested that I would prefer some kind of arrangement giving me authority and I awakened from the dream.

I felt a feeling that I was denied work. I felt the feelings of feeling useless. I wanted to right myself and prove I wasn't. I was awake though, so I had no further connection with the dream sleep realm. The dream views and encounter seemed as real as real can get. I deduced I had other reasons that made it so I could not live in the dream realm any longer. A short dream. I sensed while I was thinking what to mention that I was dreaming of what was remaining after a long day of work which causes some of us to be in a sense asleep as we work. Repeating the task is automatic until it grows dark and life begins to return to my mind. The evaluation of what remained in supplies gave me the feeling of having the persons job for leaving the remaining sacks of material for the job in a little bit of disarray fired up the sour thought in my dream sleep as the visions began to grow dark and my mind awakened me in the early morning hours when the Sun no longer rises at four in the a.m.. I wondered what time it was because I felt a little out of sorts myself. I found the nearest time piece and realized I had slept until 7:20 AM MDT. Which would explain my discomfort since I had in mind to finish some work before dark and it wasn't even light out when the thought the work day was over occurred in my dream sleep.

Work, work, work! How the anthropological analyzes and prepares for the next day of business in today's society. Now it is so different to me I feel as a tough who worked all those years of hard labor only to have it all becoming like a cake walk and all we have to do is keep taking a turn at it until we are the lucky winner of the next cake. So easy! So relaxed! And yet each time I put an eye on the scenes I see more troubled youth who can't see the work that I did when I was a lad. They can't even imagine the jobs I did with tools that no longer are seen except in a museum.

I seem to suffer for not having to anymore. I seem to punish myself for not having to do the hard labor anymore. I seem to regard those in a discomforting way who have never had to do such work that earned our bodies aches and pains and little more than enough money to pay for board and room, a new set of work clothes and work tools each cycle the old ones wore out.

The corona-virus and now the forest fires have driven people out of work and out of their comfort zones.

So many I have seen. When I was young I helped when I had no means of support, I served when I saw a problem I could solve. I got board more often than a room with luxury furnishings.

I don't want to make anyone feel sad. It's just the way of life I had with the people I lived near and worked alongside. We were earning just enough some days that would save us from a harsher night life for one restful evening.

The speed of my thought while I was asleep dreaming of a task I saw; only required a few bags be straightened up so they didn't leave behind enough disarray so that when their contents were needed no one would stumble in the dark have tripping over them, possibly tearing them open, and lettings the contents spill so we had a greater problem in the morning.

I learned while watching a movie about Indiana Jones that in Latin Jehovah is spelled Iehovah. I just Google it to see if it was spelled with a capital 'i' only to find it is also stated in words spelled, "Iehouah".

You know me Paga ... always seeking different angles on things ... maybe you could start calling me Mr Viewpoint.

I wonder if it is us that are at the root of what we are seeing.

What I mean is this ... when you and I (or any other of this "older" generation) look at what today's youth are doing we are using the "tools" we are familiar with and have used for decades. We observe and try to gauge their progress towards a mark that we may not even understand in the framework that those young people understand it in. We get out our trusty old "progress measuring tape" and to us it looks like they are going nowhere. They use their "new-fangled" laser measuring device and note that today's progress was 4 one millionths of a millimeter ... right on schedule.

We lack the precision to gauge their progress.

Just tossing around possibilities (because what fun is there in not looking at possibilities).

I am!

You know me Paga ... always seeking different angles on things ... maybe you could start calling me Mr Viewpoint.

I wonder if it is us that are at the root of what we are seeing.

What I mean is this ... when you and I (or any other of this "older" generation) look at what today's youth are doing we are using the "tools" we are familiar with and have used for decades. We observe and try to gauge their progress towards a mark that we may not even understand in the framework that those young people understand it in. We get out our trusty old "progress measuring tape" and to us it looks like they are going nowhere. They use their "new-fangled" laser measuring device and note that today's progress was 4 one millionths of a millimeter ... right on schedule.

We lack the precision to gauge their progress.

Just tossing around possibilities (because what fun is there in not looking at possibilities).

Progress?! It seems to me that the futility of my aspirations were only others gentle persuasions not to recline and take my last breath before they could die.