Fade to Black

shamino05

Hi,

I originally posted on the 03/09/2020, a problem I was having with dwemer ruins being pitch black, but since i posted this, i have noticed on further investigation, that some of the rooms start off as normal, then as i enter further they fade into picth blackness.

if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, please let me know, as i would love to get to the bottom of this.

My game is heavily modded, so chances are it could be a mod, or load order, but it only affect the dwemer ruins, and nothing else. All other aspects of my game run smoothly, aprt form the occasional CTD, which is to be expected with a heavily modded game, but in saying that, i am pretty sure its the Atlas map markers causing this, as the random and occasional CTD's only started after adding that mod, but I can live with that lol but i would love to get rid of the dwemer ruins fading to black.

I do not use any sort of ENB and have no ENB installed, as the last one I tried to use, kept putting white frogs poking their tongues out at me every time I looked at the suns rays in the sky, which was a little funny, abut more annoying lol

Look forward to hearing back from you all soon.

Be well my friends and be safe.

Cheers

Shamino

I'm assuming LOOT isn't throwing any errors? If not, you need to go through your load order and identify any and all of your lighting/weather mods and see if you have any that are editing the same records. Then start disabling those mods, one at a time, until the problem goes away.

Do you have any weather programs or possibly Lanterns of Skyrim installed with the optional fire stuff?

I recall a weather mod I had (possibly Obsidian although I can't recall, so no diss on Obsidian) that made everything super contrasty and dark. I dumped whichever one it was when I installed a Springtime for Skyrim mod, which is why I can't reference it a bit better.

While weather programs aren't (afaik) considered ENBs, they do/or-can present some ENB-like behaviors.

I also noticed considerable darkening of my game when I first installed Lanterns of Skyrim II and chose the optional addon stuff for firelight