Heavy Traffic ×

As some of you know, I am working on the new version of "Knights of the Nine: Revelations Continued (Unofficial)" but I seem to have done something wrong with the script for Auriel's Shield. I am trying to make the shield have the same power it has in Skyrim but can't make the script check if the character was hit while blocking with the shield, and so here we are. Is there any expert in Oblivion CS that can help me with this? (I am leaving all the scripts I have for the shield below). By the way "BlockedTimes" is a Global Variable set to "short".

Quest Script:

scn aaShockwaveQSTScript

float fquestdelaytime

Ref Caster
Float Timer

Begin GameMode

if ( GetOBSEVersion < 15 )
MessageBox "Requires Oblivion Script Extender v0015 or higher."
return
endif

if (fquestdelaytime != 0.01)
set fquestdelaytime to 0.01
endif

if (BlockedTimes == 15)
player.pms effectSummonMythicDawn
else
player.sms effectSummonMythicDawn
endif

; V Key
If ( OnKeyDown 47)
Set Timer to Timer + GetSecondsPassed
Set Caster to Player.PlaceAtMe ShockwaveCaster
Caster.Disable
EndIf

If ( Timer >= 1 ) && (BlockedTimes >= 15) && (player.GetEquipped aaKOTNRAurielsShield == 1)
Caster.Cast aaAurielsShieldPushSpell Player
Set BlockedTimes to 0
EndIf

If ( Timer != 0 )
If ( Timer < 1 )
Set Timer to Timer + GetSecondsPassed
Else
Set Timer to 0
Caster.DeleteReference
EndIf
EndIf

End

Shield Script:

scn aaAurielShieldScript

float timeshit

BEGIN ONHIT PLAYER
if (IsBlocking == 1) && (Player.GetEquipped aaKOTNRAurielsShield == 1) && (BlockedTimes < 15)
set BlockedTimes to (timeshit + 1)
endif
END

Player Effect Script:

scn aaAurielShieldPushScript

Spell Script:

Scriptname aaAurielShieldPushSpellScript

Ref Target

Begin ScriptEffectStart

Set Target to GetSelf
If (Target != Player)
Player.PushActorAway Target 25
EndIf

End

Hmm, I'm not exactly an expert in this particular topic, but I do know the way you use the OnHit block it doesn't work.

According to the CS wiki documentation the block is used to trigger when the "actor" the script is running on is hit by the actor given as parameter. The script with this block cannot run on the shield. It must run on an actor.

However, putting it onto the player actor in the CS also isn't exactly a clean or sane way to go, as only 1 plugin in load order can do that at the same time.

I think detecting when the player was hit is nowadays done quite differently. I just can't off the top of my head recall how it's done.

And then, your GetEquipped check is totally valid, being executed on "player" specifically. But calling "IsBlocking" when the script runs on the shield will always be false, as the shield will never be in the animation state of blocking. This, too, needs to be called on the player implicitly.

I'm sorry I'm not of more help right now. Maybe I'll come back when I stumbled across something more. Can't promise though.

Hmm, I'm not exactly an expert in this particular topic, but I do know the way you use the OnHit block it doesn't work.

According to the CS wiki documentation the block is used to trigger when the "actor" the script is running on is hit by the actor given as parameter. The script with this block cannot run on the shield. It must run on an actor.

However, putting it onto the player actor in the CS also isn't exactly a clean or sane way to go, as only 1 plugin in load order can do that at the same time.

I think detecting when the player was hit is nowadays done quite differently. I just can't off the top of my head recall how it's done.

And then, your GetEquipped check is totally valid, being executed on "player" specifically. But calling "IsBlocking" when the script runs on the shield will always be false, as the shield will never be in the animation state of blocking. This, too, needs to be called on the player implicitly.

I'm sorry I'm not of more help right now. Maybe I'll come back when I stumbled across something more. Can't promise though.

Thanks for the help you have given, and by the way the "IsBlocking" actually works on the shield since I have a script on another shield with that same parameter and it works, maybe just doesn't work in this case(?).

I too don't think the OnHit block will work the way you use it. Have you considered using OBSE's onhit event handler function?

Once set it will trigger anytime an actor is hit. You can write your code in the function to determine who was hit and if the Auriel shield was equipped at the time.

It's pretty straightforward to use:

First create the event handler function, (make sure to set it as an object script):

Scn aaNerevairineOnHitFunction

ref target

ref attacker

ref Pref

begin function { target, attacker }

set Pref to PlayerRef
If target != Pref ;exit early if it's not the player that was hit

Return

EndIf

If target.GetEquipped aaKOTNRAurielsShield != 1 ;exit early if player doesn't have Auriels shield equipped.

Return

EndIf

If (target.IsBlocking) && (BlockedTimes < 15)

set BlockedTimes to BlockedTimes + 1 ;increment the BlockedTimes global variable

EndIf

end ;end of function

Now register the function by using SetEventHandler, for example you could put this code in the GameMode block of your Quest script:

If getgameloaded ;needs to be declared only once when the game is loaded

;set handlers
seteventhandler "onhit" aaNerevairineOnHitFunction

EndIf

You don't need any script on the shield or player.

This is just a rough outline, I didn't test the code and I may not have fully understood all the details of what you want to do so it may not do exactly what you want as is. Hope it helps you.

Edited by Tharkun221

I too don't think the OnHit block will work the way you use it. Have you considered using OBSE's onhit event handler function?

Once set it will trigger anytime an actor is hit. You can write your code in the function to determine who was hit and if the Auriel shield was equipped at the time.

First create the event handler function, (make sure to set it as an object script):

ref target

ref attacker

ref Pref

set Pref to PlayerRef

Return

EndIf

If target.GetEquipped aaKOTNRAurielsShield != 1 ;exit early if player doesn't have Auriels shield equipped.

Return

EndIf

set BlockedTimes to BlockedTimes + 1 ;increment the BlockedTimes global variable

EndIf

end ;end of function

Now register the function by using SetEventHandler, for example you could put this code in the GameMode block of your Quest script:

;set handlers

EndIf

This is just a rough outline, I didn't test the code and I may not have fully understood all the details of what you want to do so it may not do exactly what you want as is. Hope it helps you.

That worked!!! Thanks man!

ref target

ref attacker

ref Pref

set Pref to PlayerRef

Return

EndIf

Return

EndIf

EndIf

end ;end of function

;set handlers

EndIf

That worked!!! Thanks man!

Thanks!