Mods not showing up in "Load Order"

SnowFox35
Go to solution Solved by SnowFox35,

Hello,

I've been modding Blade and Sorcery lately and updated Vortex earlier today. Since the update, "Plugins" was replaced with "Load Order". Okay, neat. The issue is, it only loads eight of my eleven mods in this "load order" list, which is problematic as the three mods left out don't function in-game.

I've tried restarting my computer, restarting Vortex, deploying mods on both ends, and manually adding a Load Order prefix.

Any help would be appreciated—whether it be getting all of my mods to appear in the Load Order menu, bringing me to the previous version of Vortex, or something else.

Thank you.

I saw this in the right panel and since Nexus still fails to identify the game source for right panel entries, I'm responding.

I play skyrim SE, but I suspect the nature is the same in many games here at nexus...

Not all mods contain plugins, so they will show up in a mod list but not necessariliy in the load order, since the load order refers specifically to the plugins contained in many, but not all mods, not to the mods themselves

If my reply is off base, please accept my apologies. IDK about you, but my queries often go unanswered.

I saw this in the right panel and since Nexus still fails to identify the game source for right panel entries, I'm responding.

I play skyrim SE, but I suspect the nature is the same in many games here at nexus...

Not all mods contain plugins, so they will show up in a mod list but not necessariliy in the load order, since the load order refers specifically to the plugins contained in many, but not all mods, not to the mods themselves

If my reply is off base, please accept my apologies. IDK about you, but my queries often go unanswered.

I know this is the case, but what's structuring my issue is that the mods that aren't located in the load order aren't showing up in my game. For Skyrim, it's different—not every mod shows up in the Plugins list but as long as a mod is enabled and without conflict it's bound to show up in the game. I don't know if Blade and Sorcery is different or not. Still, thanks for the answer.

If someone can confirm this or could otherwise give any input to this situation, all is appreciated.

I haven't written the B&S code and haven't modded the game myself so I can only tell you what the code does:

The Load Order page will only include mods that have the mod type "bsa-official-modtype", which is by default set for any mod that has a "manifest.json" file.

My guess is that either the mods that don't show up have been packaged in a way Vortex doesn't recognize and thus the manifest.json file ends up in the wrong location or they are replacers that aren't actually supposed to show up as separate mods but just replace existing files of the game or other mods and thus can't be toggled/rearranged in-game anyway.

Either way, it would be far easier to help if you had posted links to the mods you're having trouble with.

I haven't written the B&S code and haven't modded the game myself so I can only tell you what the code does:

The Load Order page will only include mods that have the mod type "bsa-official-modtype", which is by default set for any mod that has a "manifest.json" file.

My guess is that either the mods that don't show up have been packaged in a way Vortex doesn't recognize and thus the manifest.json file ends up in the wrong location or they are replacers that aren't actually supposed to show up as separate mods but just replace existing files of the game or other mods and thus can't be toggled/rearranged in-game anyway.

Either way, it would be far easier to help if you had posted links to the mods you're having trouble with.

Installed mods, alphabetically:

Bazooka

Bloodborne Trick Weapons

Earthbending

Fate Stay Night 1.5

Fate Stay Night 1

Hell and Holy Fire

Ice Spell

Medieval MegaPack

Sands of Time

Simple Dismemberment

Weapon Effects

World Wars Weapons Pack

For mods that do show up in my load order:

- Bazooka

- Medieval MegaPack

- Weapon Effects

- Ice Spell

- Simple Dismemberment

- Earthbending

- Sands of Time

- WWWeaponsPack

This means:

- Bloodborne Trick Weapons

- Fate Stay Night 1.5

- Fate Stay Night 1

- Hell and Holy Fire

Are all mods that don't show up in my load order and therefore don't appear in my game.

However, all mods listed above the previous list are fully operational in my game. Also, before the Load Order update in Vortex, I was able to use all of these mods without issue, meaning conflicts between the mods are not present.

Ok, so I just installed your loadout, thanks for providing it.

I have found the problem.

The mods you list aren't "mods" in the traditional sense - they are bundles of several mods. Vortex can't properly support this format in the Load Order tab and they won't be loaded by the game because the mods are "nested" inside another folder. I'll mention this to the Vortex team and see if there's anything that can be done about it.

Ok, so I just installed your loadout, thanks for providing it.

I have found the problem.

The mods you list aren't "mods" in the traditional sense - they are bundles of several mods. Vortex can't properly support this format in the Load Order tab and they won't be loaded by the game because the mods are "nested" inside another folder. I'll mention this to the Vortex team and see if there's anything that can be done about it.

Thank you, Pickysaurus. I apologize for never noticing that; if I had, I would have included that in the post.

Final Update (For Now): I tried installing the inoperable mods manually by unzipping them and putting them in the StreamingAssets folder. This was done after fully deleting the Vortex installed versions. Because Vortex wasn't able to read them in the Load Order, I figured a manual install would work around this, but unfortunately it did not. For anyone else experiencing this problem, the only thing you can do is wait for Vortex to fix this.

• Solution

The issue's been solved!

After asking on the Blade & Sorcery Discord and using Pickysaurus's information provided, a helper on the Discord page named Alex managed to figure it out.

Just as Pickysaurus explained, the mods were improperly nested inside of other folders. Here is an example of a regular mod:

StreamingAssets > Mod Name Folder 1 > manifest.json

As for the mods that were inoperable:

StreamingAssets > Mod Name Folder 1 > Mod Name Folder 2 > manifest.json

The game reads Mod Folder 1. If it doesn't have manifest.json in it, the mod will not appear. The same goes for Vortex and the load order mechanic.

Additionally, I also made a mistake in my previous post in which I attempted a manual install. I messed up because I extracted Mod Folder 1 into StreamingAssets instead of Mod Folder 2. As an additional note, Mod Folder 2 might be a lot of folders depending on how the mod is organized (e.g. each Mod Folder 2 is its own weapon folder and each has its own manifest.json). To manually extract them into StreamingAssets, make sure you copy each Mod Folder 2 into StreamingAssets, NOT Mod Folder 1.

I'm going to contact every Mod Author who has packaged their mods with both Mod Folder 1 and Mod Folder 2 and inform them that the game isn't able to properly read the way it's formatted. Hopefully they can put all of the contents of Mod Folder 2 into #1 to solve the issue.

Thank you for the help Pickysaurus. Hopefully this helps anyone else who's experienced the problem.