Alistair Dialogue Glitch

bridgitte

For some reason I cannot get Alistair to even speak about his mother being a serving girl or him living with Arl Eamon, and later talk about his sister - nothing - so when I go to Denerim his sister's house is not accessible. There is no way to do the small quest to harden him for later in the game goals. He doesn't talk about his life with the other wardens and what they got up to etc. It is like his whole dialogue has been cut - I'm not sure if it is due to a mod, and if so which one - this is very frustrating because the story line is now broken - can anyone help? Are there console commands to activate speech or quest triggers like we find in other games like Skyrim?

Edited by bridgitte

The conversation regarding Alistair's parentage is a scripted event, on entering Redcliffe for the first time, if Alistair is in the active party. If Alistair is NOT in your party when you enter Redcliffe initially, the next opportunity to open up that conversation is after completing the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest by healing Arl Eamon.

In any event, after the parentage dialogue, if Alistair's approval is Warm/Interested (+26) or higher, he will talk to the Warden about his sister, giving the 'Alistair's Family' quest.

And IIRC, you can also rebuff Alistair and refuse to have the scripted parentage conversation in Redcliffe, which blocks the 'Alistair's Family' quest until after the Urn quest.

At what point in the game are you, and have you met all the various requirements for the conversation and quest? If you have met the requirements, and you believe that a mod is at issue, please provide a complete list of all installed mods. (Information on how they were installed may also be relevant.)

DAO does have some very limited debug scripting, via the developer console, but I don not believe there is a companion-quest specific debug script. Debug for Alistair's personal quest may be included in either the Arl Eamon or Denerim debug scripts, but they should really only be explored as a last resort, since you SHOULD be getting the quest naturally, via the scripted events, if you have met the requirements.

Edited by theskymoves