Series X will probably be my next console after two decades of PC Gaming

chetan78

I've been looking at all the YouTube rumours, news articles and specs of the Series X and the other blue rival. And I really think that Microsoft is killing it with the direction of xbox. Let me explain:

I've seen a lot of complains about the Series X not having exclusives and whatnot but I really prefer having a powerful console and a great gaming ecosystem with Game Pass, Play Anywhere, PC & Xbox simultaneous releases. The console is now just another way of gaming and the not the central piece. Aaaaand the cherry on top is really the backwards compatibility, this is insane for me to catch up all those years of light pc gaming with all the xbox360 and one games!

Edited by chetan78

The issue with no exclusives, as far as "pros" for getting a console, is that a console is now going to be inferior to just having a Steam link + Xbox 360 controller, which is what I do now if I want to play a game which plays better with a controller that you can get on Steam. Why spend £300+ on a console when I can simply use my desktop as my console without having to move it from its current location or worry about additional wires coming out of it?

No console exclusives, while freaking great for PC users, really does mean you shouldn't need to buy a console at all if you already have a desktop PC as the technology exists to stream that game from your office/room/wherever your desktop is to the TV in your living room very easily.

I can see a lot of ports from console actually be good for the market this time around, like in steam!!!!!. I can bet the game quality, sense games will be on par with pc. No bad back porting will happen, I hope.

Something like there big flag ship rpg will be on pc, as rumors might be true. Sense is so long in advance, things may look up for pc players. :cool:

Fable Reboot: Release Date, Gameplay, and Everything We Know | Windows Central (windowscentral.com)

I might get both consoles, even if it comes to pc. :huh:

Edited by niphilim222

I don't see the point in the XBox if you have a gaming spec PC, you can stream to the TV and use a wireless XBone controller and get the same experience. I might pick up a PS5 at some point but not right away, even with its exclusives my PS4 saw very little use.

I don't see the point in the XBox if you have a gaming spec PC, you can stream to the TV and use a wireless XBone controller and get the same experience. I might pick up a PS5 at some point but not right away, even with its exclusives my PS4 saw very little use.

Yeah, I have a good gaming rig, and never really cared for console anyway, so, it is extremely unlikely that I will ever buy one. But, as pointed out by someone above, the consoles getting PC-gaming-rig levels of power, bodes well for what we will see in games coming out. They won't have to be gimped nearly as bad to run on the consoles.....

I upgrade my PC in pieces.
Which is much cheaper than having to buy an entirely new console when they're released.

My next upgrade will be a new graphics card for around $75 or so, now that the "Best big thing" are a few years old now, because the Newest "Even more betterer Bestest big things" have been released to replace them

I purposely stay a year or three behind tech so I can upgrade cheaply, so game performance is also not a problem for me.
But that works for me, because I also stay a few years behind in my game purchases so I can buy those "Best big Games" that sold for $59.99, at $15 on a Steam sale.
Plus I've been loading up on a TON of free games (Civ 6, Kingdom Come, Tacoma, Amnesia, ARK, Borderlands 2, GTA V, Just Cause 4, Remnant etc, from Epic Game Store)

Currently waiting for "Destroy all Humans" on PC to come down in price, because I really liked that one on my original Xbox I bought for $100, because the next Gen Xbox had come out and they were looking to get rid of the Original Xboxes.

I heard I can use my old Xbox one controllers with the new console. That's so awesome! I really like the fact that investment carries over. Definitely keeping my eye on this.