Heavy Traffic ×

not so obvious enb tweaks

Nyeslaanesh

heey, good day everyone, apologies if im in the wrong place to ask, but can anyone point me where to look for several not so apparent enb tweaks to improve performance, mine suddenly got better after adding some memory adjustments in my enblocal (setting memory to the size of my vram), must've meant that my previous settings didnt really utilize available vram, anyone else got some magical lines of code to improve performance? thaaanks

The ENB binaries for SSE don't have any provision for entering VRAM size (not that I've ever seen anyway), with LE that was something you had to do in order to get things to work correctly; and based on how he worded his post, that is what it sounds like happened.

I see it less often now, but for a while a lot of people were getting lost and posting on the wrong forums.

PS> Although it's not ini related, and it isn't technically an "ENB", there's a nice mod that, considering how long it's been available, has surprisingly low numbers (downloads AND upvotes) which is a useful tool for tweaking your visual environment, with or without ENBs.

Imaginator. It has adjustments for brightness, saturation, contrast, and some others and is accessed by a spell that calls a temporary NPC that acts as the interface

ymmv. Just a suggestion in case you missed it along the way.

PS> Although it's not ini related, and it isn't technically an "ENB", there's a nice mod that, considering how long it's been available, has surprisingly low numbers (downloads AND upvotes) which is a useful tool for tweaking your visual environment, with or without ENBs.

Imaginator. It has adjustments for brightness, saturation, contrast, and some others and is accessed by a spell that calls a temporary NPC that acts as the interface

At one time - this is several years ago now - Imaginator was a known cause of savegame bloat. Do you know if that's been fixed?

At one time - this is several years ago now - Imaginator was a known cause of savegame bloat. Do you know if that's been fixed?

To be frank, I have no idea. I only started playing Skyrim ~2 years ago. Perhaps the LE leets who transferred to SE have a different experience, maybe from the LE version if there is one, or perhaps an initial SE release which I've never used. (considering it was last updated in 2016)

Personally, I haven't seen any massive bloat since adding it. But TBH, I don't obsess about bloat, although I do get concerned by unattached instances and script bloat. On that score, flora respawn is the "big winner" right now i my mod listings (unattached instances primarily, and lots of them), as were some mods I removed during my 1.5.80 to 1.5.97 update ~8 months ago.

Perhaps you should visit the mod and see for yourself whether this problem still exists.

It has been helpful to me, and it does not appear to have compromised my game saves or my game play, and I thought perhaps the OP might find it beneficial to investigate for him/herself, (regardless of ini settings for his/her ENBs), since he or she appears to be interested in fine tuning his/her games' visual appearance... presuming of course that the OP is actually playing SE

ymmv