How to make a small river that flows down a slope?

Good evening everybody.

In Skyrim, there is a "MoveableStatic" object that is basically a small river including the dirt or gravel left and right of it.

With that you could easilly make a smal river that flows down a hill or something like that.

I am not really that familliar with the assets of Fallout4, so I am aking this:

Is there something like that for Fallout 4?

Or how else should I make a small river that flows down a slope?

Am I supposed to use one of those "water plane" - activator - things or how should I do this?

I already had a look at the "vanilla game", for example the little river that leads from Sanctuary to that big lake with the dam.

And I noticed that it is basically multiple "straight" pieces of water that stop after a while, then there is some "dried out" riverbed section and then, a bit lower, water again.

(see screenshot)

73722383-1599852234.png

So it is not really looking like a "flowing river", but like a "dried up" river (which makes sense there).

But what I want to do is make a "flowing" river that runs down that slope.

Interesting idea .....

I will have to try that!

Thanks!

(One of the most difficult things for me, after messing around with the Skyrim CK for years, is getting used to to "new" objects in Fallout 4 and the lack of proper "cave-tilesets" and other things ...)

Well, I tried that "waterfall" - thing and it is not really looking great because of all the "water spray".

It would certainly work for a very "fast flowing" river, but not really for what I want to do ...

But great suggestion anyway ...

(Maybe I will just have to come up with some "lore" - explanaition of why all the rivers are "dryed out" ...)

Same way as you observed with the Sanctuary river/stream,

'Stitching' and tilt water activator planes. I do not believe there are vanilla assets for this in Fallout 4.

I think it is solved this way in 76, https://youtu.be/T6HdBplLmuU?t=9002

It may be tricky as the editor does not render the water activators properly. At least on my system.

Moving the water activator on the Y axis requires a full cell refresh (F5) to see the visual result.

Also I think the water activators 'does not know about each other' making it challenging to make the flow natural.

One way to solve it is to break up activator edges with some raised ground / river banks, rocks, branches etc. Just like in real life.