Subnautica Mods Not Working

LipeMiner

I'm downloading mods from the Nexus.

So why did you go into the Steam\Workshop\Download folder and move it, when I specifically asked you where your VORTEX folder was and even posted a screenshot?

I can't even figure out what your problem is because of such little information you give,

I don't know how to help you because I have no clue what your problem is, because of your lack of information.

• 4 months later...

Tried this thread but HadToRegister was very rude throughout and barely any help. RIP

I wasn't rude at all, OP forced me to ask question after question because they wouldn't answer in a helpful way.

As I said, OP wasn't giving out information when I asked, then was doing things that he wasn't telling me about, and made his problem even worse, and I wasn't able to help him because he wasn't helpful in any way, and never answered me properly.

It's hard to help someone when they're not answering your questions.

"Deploy mods when enabled" was already on, but "Enable mods when installed" weren't, so I turned it on, and my download folder is at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\downloads, aside from that, do you think it would be better if we discussed on another site/aplication? you made that comment "I have to ask so many questions because you give very little information, and only one sentence at a time...." so I thought of that.

"Deploy mods when enabled" was already on, but "Enable mods when installed" weren't, so I turned it on, and my download folder is at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\downloads, aside from that, do you think it would be better if we discussed on another site/aplication? you made that comment "I have to ask so many questions because you give very little information, and only one sentence at a time...." so I thought of that.

YOu shouldn't put the Mod Staging FOlder, or Download folder INSIDE the Steam folders.

YOur Download folder really should be something like E:\Vortex Downloads\, like you have your Mod Staging folder as E:\Vortex MOds\

Go to the MODs Tab and hit DEPLOY

Vortex-Deploy-Mods.jpg

Thank you for this! I didn't realize I had to deploy the mods since I don't believe I've ever had to in the past regarding other games and Nexus, but now they're all working.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness, I came here looking for help and all I got was a heated argument.

HadToRegister. Bro be a little more patient. You need to understand not everyone just knows how to mess with nexusmods. I read what you said and I couldn't understand it. I have the identical issue however. The Subnautica mods just doesnt work and the little mods tab that should be in the options is not there either

Oh my goodness, I came here looking for help and all I got was a heated argument.

HadToRegister. Bro be a little more patient. You need to understand not everyone just knows how to mess with nexusmods. I read what you said and I couldn't understand it. I have the identical issue however. The Subnautica mods just doesnt work and the little mods tab that should be in the options is not there either

I WAS being patient, my use of CAPS is for EMPHASIS, like ITALICS.

There is no "Heated Argument" going on here, just me trying to help someone who wasn't very forthcoming with information, forcing me to do all the work by asking them question after question.

It was like pulling teeth to get anything useful from them.

If the MODS tab is missing from Vortex, then you need to turn OFF your Antivirus Program and reinstall Vortex, because your antivirus is preventing Vortex from being installed completely.

• 4 weeks later...

Most mods don't work for me. The only ones that act like they are working are: clear the water, mini map, and radial tabs. starting Subnautica I get an error message: Fallback handler could not load library D:/Program Files/Epic Games/Subnautica/Subnautica_Data/Mono/data-000002B92B250080.dll . The file doesn't exist on my computer. Not using a multiplayer mod either.

Edited by lookyloon