Frosty Editor won't launch game

FunnyAnyway

Had the same with DAO Inquisition. There was a Origin Update yesterday which obviously causes this.

However, I solved it:

1. I unticked that Origin client gets updated in its application settings.
  2. I downloaded the version v10.5.82 from here and installed it (over the newer one) - unchecked all checkboxes during install.
  3. I started the game with frosty mod manager.
  4. As Origin gets started then as well (if it's not yet running) I selected to use it offline.

The game started again.

I couldnt figure out how to compose a new thread forgive me if this may be the wrong place. Everytime i open frosty and try to run battlefront it opens origins instead but only when mods applied. Game runs fine without mods. Some mods give me no error and opens origins. Others give me the following error and then opens origins.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Ive set origin, battlefront2exe, and frosty to administrator cant find any solutions anywhere. Deleting Modfolder does not fix either. I have version v1.0.5.9 for frosty as well. Just tried switching origin to version 10.5.82 and no fix.

Edited by TylerBDH

Posted this in another thread but in case you guys dont see it;

after endless hours of searching for a solution I found this and it actually worked for me:

"A fix for the Steam version:

Launch ORIGIN, launch STEAM, in origin select the Steam version of Star Wars Battlefront II, right click and go to Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options.

In the command line arguments insert your path to Frosty Mod manager executable. Then launch the game through FMM as per usual and get back in the action.

In the command line arguments mine looks like this:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\frosty

If you change mods in FMM you must close Origin. Then launch through FMM.

Hope this fix helps those like me when the other fixes did not."

Original Posted by

Edited by KatsuyaTera

• 3 months later...

I've done all UTA2000 suggested & I get an error message to wit: "un unhandled exception has occurred - The process cannot access the file 'G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\CryptBase.dll' because it is being used by another process". I haven't got a clue what that means. Anybody?

Just fired up my Dragon Age Inquisition thru Frosty v1.0.5.9 & (after disabling my AVS) to my relief it runs as advertised. So for my purposes it's Star Wars Battlefront II that Frosty MM has a problem with. & the problem is not Origin's or Steam's - servers have a need to update. This is a Frosty issue & Frosty needs to fix this. I shouldn't have to jump thru flaming hoops to get a certain game to run when others run fine. Can I get a hooah?

• 2 weeks later...