I'm playing Skyrim SE as vanilla as possible. The only mods that I have installed are the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, SKSE64 and SkyUI. However, there's still one thing I want to change with a mod, but I can't find anything useful.
I'm looking for a simple mod that allows me to change the equipment of any NPC. The best thing I could find was Meem0's "Outfit NPC's (Inventory-Equipment)". It works perfectly on the Blades. You talk to them and choose the mod's dialogue option "Here's some gear for you to wear". With the inventory access option enabled, I can take everything that I don't want them to have from their inventory, and replace it all with the items that I want them to have. This also includes their default outfit, but it can only be taken if you equip them with a different outfit first.
However, this mod doesn't seem to work for all NPC's. Lydia wears the equipment I gave her just fine, but when I re-enter Breezehome, she has her default armor back on. This is only the case with her armor. Her default shield and weapons are still replaced by the new shield and weapons I gave her, and the new armor I gave her is still in her inventory.
Since there are no mods that are useful to me, I would like to make my own, but I have no idea how to create mods. Can somebody please tell me how to create this mod myself, or is there someone who can make this for me?
These are the features I want the mod to have:
- Adds dialogue option "Equipment Options" for all NPC's.
- This dialogue option allows full access to the inventory of all NPC's, including their default outfit.
- All items that are removed from the inventory of a NPC stay removed and do not respawn.
- All items that are given to a NPC should stay in their inventory forever until you remove/replace them.
- All outfits and weapons given to a NPC stay equipped forever until you remove/replace them.
- The dialogue option can be turned on/off.
Edited by yurrenstein12, 12 September 2020 - 03:15 PM.