SKSE installation issue

risingflora

I followed the guide by Gopher and used Vortex, but when I click the SKSE loader, three error messages pop up saying "The code execution cannot be processed because X3daudio1_7.dll/Xinput1_3.dll/d3dx9_42.dll cannot be found". It tells me to reinstall the program - so I did it all again and am having the same issues. I looked at some other threads and tried to find something that could give me some answers but can't :/ I am new to everything computers so I am at a loss. Any help is good help :)

The files you named are part of DX 9, which is developed and distributed by Microsoft. So it's not directly a problem with your installation of SKSE.

Usually, these files should be there by default or (if they aren't) they should be downloaded and installed the first time you start Skyrim SE with Steam.

That's the first thing I'd try: Start the game from Steam and see if this fixes the issue.

If it doesn't, go to Skyrim SE in your "Steam library". Right-click on "Skyrim SE" and choose "verify game cache". This will check and - if necessary - reinstall the base game.

Other options would be to update your graphics card driver (GPU drivers often also check for a correct installation of DX) or to make sure Windows is updated.

As a last resort, you can download DX 9 "legacy" files from microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

This shouldn't be necessary though.

Just to clarify Algabar's advise-rt. click Skyrim Special Edition click Properties then Local Files then Verify Integrity of Game Files This will reinstall SSE esm and the three DLC esm's, whether it will install the files you are missing I do not know. I would check your SSE folder to see if that d3dx9 file is there, I don't know where those other two dll files are located. The reason I would check is that the files may be there but Vortex just cannot locate them. If that is the case your best option is to post on the Vortex forum.

Good luck.