NMM can't find skyrim.esm

scotv453

For some reason, Google (Chrome) is not getting along well with Microsoft (Win8.1) Each one says it is the other ones responsibility to fix it. If you are using this particular combination, and insist on keeping Chrome as your go to browser - we do have a work around ( until either Google or Microsoft actually get around to fixing the problem - in which case, it will likely break our work around :rolleyes: )

Open NMM - look at the top line and find the gears (settings) and click on that.

In the new window - Select the Download Options tab

Look down and find the 'Download Fix/Tweaks'

There is only one - READ what it says (Could require Admin Privileges) - try the Fix it button. :thumbsup:

This is not a one click fixes everything, but another thing to try if you are using this combination of Win8.1 & Chrome AND have a problem

Was a Fix ever found for this? I just had to reinstall skyrim and nexus mod manager, I've never experience this issue before but I'm having it exactly as your video describes. I saw some people mention opening NMM to adjust its settings via a gear button, no such button exists on the initial screen for selecting your games. Directly after selecting your games you wish to scan for, you must choose a game to run NMM for, the only game I'm running it for is Skyrim and even if I copy all the .esm files to the 2nd Data folder, and no error occurs NMM doesn't start. Also Every time I verify the game cache via steam it says 1 file has failed and re downloads it, but the file is 0 of 0 bytes.

Edit: the forum wont let me delete or properly edit this post to include an additional quote. I'm sorry for the double post below.

Edited by RightousMan

Also for no reason at all the nexus mod manager keeps putting the final failed directory with a extra folder named data that does not exist. See image https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ldya8iC8mjTnowcUhhYUE3UEE/edit?usp=sharing

I noticed a duplicate folder with no content in another directory. So I deleted thinking NMM was getting confused. Still no joy, it keeps referring to \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Data\skyrim.esm which does not exist on my drive but \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\skyrim.esm does and I keep pointing the software there and it keeps f-ing up the directory location in the error. This is maddening.

Having this same error here, cant find a way to fix it. This is exactly my issue.

• 5 months later...

I am having the same issue except my file is in the fold it keeps saying it is not. Tried everything. Nexus Mods fix your s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey what the hell is the issue with this duplicate folder data/data. Its been a year bro...

WI will post this link again so you can see i and please help with the issue and not some blanket statements. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ldya8iC8mjNTR1VkExY0dGOTQ/edit

Edited by moknows2014

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue except my file is in the fold it keeps saying it is not. Tried everything. Nexus Mods fix your s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey what the hell is the issue with this duplicate folder data/data. Its been a year bro...

WI will post this link again so you can see i and please help with the issue and not some blanket statements. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ldya8iC8mjNTR1VkExY0dGOTQ/edit

I watched your video and noticed something that you may have missed in your frustration. When NMM told you it could not find the exe file, you told it it was there in the data folder. The exe is located in the Skyrim folder. No clue about the data/data thing.,

• 1 year later...