Guard dialogue

VulcanTourist

Thanks to the miracle of Jaxonz positioner (and, before that, console) I have been known to brew a guard the occasional ale, or conjure up a warm bed.

Good "man" (I don't know your gender but I hope you know what I mean)

Heh, and thanks to the miracle of The Manipulator, I've been known to drop ales and other beverages, and food items directly into their inventory or provide them with a "sharper sword" ... no beds though.

Ain't we a silly bunch..,.

Once I provide that little girl outside the gate in Windhelm with enough funds to buy a castle (20K) ....It was gone the next time I ran into her and her basket of flowers. Man, she must have a helluva gambling problem ;)

Thanks to the miracle of Jaxonz positioner (and, before that, console) I have been known to brew a guard the occasional ale, or conjure up a warm bed.

Good "man" (I don't know your gender but I hope you know what I mean)

Heh, and thanks to the miracle of The Manipulator, I've been known to drop ales and other beverages, and food items directly into their inventory or provide them with a "sharper sword" ... no beds though.

Ain't we a silly bunch..,.

Once I provide that little girl outside the gate in Windhelm with enough funds to buy a castle (20K) ....It was gone the next time I ran into her and her basket of flowers. Man, she must have a helluva gambling problem :wink:

I actually did wind up doing it, tempering and enchanting all three of a Midwood Isle guard's weapons and using Manipulator to give them back, but the guard didn't equip them!

I had better success - or at least the appearance of it - when I gave little Sofie in Windhelm a fire, tent, and bedroll in her assigned corner sleeping spot. I positioned everything so that it looked like she was actually sleeping on the bedroll, though of course the truth was that it was still the script just determining the spot. I posted a couple screenshots some days ago. And when Vilja commented on the view from Vlindrel Hall and wished there was a place to sit, she of course said nothing when I fufilled her wish and made room for a nice bench outside the front door, though she at least did make use of it.

Lack of situational awareness is a common shortcoming with NPCs and meatsacks alike....

Something that may help you, what I am currently doing (at least until I make a new character and try out a new follower mod) is using a combination of Amazing Follower Tweaks and My Home Is Your Home 2+. I use AFT to make them a follower, temporarily. Once they're a follower, I trade weapons and give them the legendary, enchanted weapons I want them to have. Then (if they don't already have a home/job) I use MHIYH2+ to assign them a home, a place and time to sleep, and a place and time to work. *** (Steer clear of assigning them to guard, though, as they start challenging everyone. With work, they will just sandbox unless there's a threat.) Once I have them situated where I want them, doing the job I want, I go back to AFT and use the settings menu to reset them. This takes them out of my managed followers (only get so many slots) and restores them back to their default state (including armor) but it leaves them with my legendary weapons. They're no longer followers, but they retain their new home and work/sleep schedules, and use their weapons whenever there is danger.

I have multiple extra npc/enemy mods, so I have been using this to place more people in positions to intercept bandits and monsters, in the small towns. I also have 1 guard in all 3 towers of my hearthfire homes, day and night, as well as 4 outside, day and night.

*** MHIYH2+ is an improvement on the original, but it still has some schedule gaps. They work 9-5 and sleep 10-6, both day and night, but there's no coverage in the off hours. The trick to avoid this is to assign them the home at or near where they'll be working, or stagger them with other guards. So if I have someone who guards the front door from 9AM - 5PM and sleeps from 10PM - 6 AM, I might assign their home on one of the towers. Then they hang out up in the tower, but will leave to go to work or bed, but by then someone else is coming on duty.

Something that may help you....

I already know (and have in-game) several avenues to achieve what you're talking about, including the console, EFF, Manipulator, and MHIYH, but I was just idly musing here! Most of the time I couldn't be arsed to pursue that process for "common rabble" or even guards. :-)