Elder Scrolls in the new year?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,419 posts
I'm not sure about you but with the recent word from Bethesda that they hope to have a new game in the Elder Scrolls series out during 2010 I'm quite looking forward to this next year. 2009 should see the announcement of the new game and a rise in hype over the next installment.

What intrigues me more is the partnership with Splash Damage that Bethesda is happy to pump on their blog as well as the sporadic mention of their new MMO department. Bethesda have always been quite adament that the Elder Scrolls games are meant to be single player only, but is there room for a spin-off, or is it more likely that they'll be looking into a Fallout MMO should Interplay not get their act together?

One thing's for sure, if Bethesda are penning in 2010 for their next Elder Scrolls game then they must have been working on it for a while already, and they'll be looking to announce the game in the very near future. I can't wait.

Happy christmas.

enivon

enivon

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sure looking forward to it! Hope there will be more advanced fighting techniques and better AI. And lets hope for more big battles! Yay!

Natsu666

Natsu666

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I agree with Enivon!
But I really really don't want the game turning into an MMORPG
that would be a sad day for me. Hopefull you're right and they are either making another game or spin-off that is online and keeping it separate of the Elder Scrolls line.
Happy Christmas indeed!

Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am somewhat wary of the possibility that there will be an Elder Scrolls MMO title, but then again I was reserved about how well they would do with Fallout 3. Considering that Battlespire was their only attempt at TES multiplayer and that this was eleven (nearly twelve) years ago I'll have to take them at their word of intending for the series to remain a singleplayer experience. Besides, the modding community behind Morrowind and Oblivion would have little to work with if the next game were an online one. I have to believe that by now Bethesda values all the free ideas and game improvements we generate which not only drive sales but can be taken and implemented in their future titles as well.

stentheugly

stentheugly

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 21 posts
I'm happy to hear that a TES V is a real possibility in 2010 ( I hope not a MMO ) and i agree with Butcher Pete it would be real nice to see some mods from the community, there are some great mods out there that were made by some very talented people. Merry Christmas!

Radika1

Radika1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hopefully it wont be MMO.. although I heard rumours that the rights for "The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim" and "The Elder Scrolls: Online" had been reserved.

My fear is that they make TES V abit like Fallout 3 - small and focused.

I want the next TES to be bigger...

dezdimona

dezdimona

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,057 posts
Great news indeed! The elder scrolls series for me starting with Morrowind has only seved to pique my already high interest in RPG's. I for one am looking forward to its release.

rlcernick

rlcernick

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 27 posts
I am really psyched about TES V, same as everyone else. MMO? Give us a single player game with an online arena or something. I believe just a small non-essential online arena where you could have one-on-one battles would be more than appropriate. I like my single player lifestyle (I get beat up in every sort of online game by twelve year olds), but every once in a while I like to enjoy the online experience.

-rlcernick

SteviesTiger

SteviesTiger

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing posting here but could I make a suggestion to help this site become more user friendly.

I'm often directed to this site through mod communities for TES and the link is meant to take me direct to the download page for the mod I'm after.

When I get the blod screen instead, I'm never sure how to get redirected back to where I originally intended to land within this site. Perhaps a link or whatever that is marked for dummies like me very clearly would help.

Love all of this site btw

wasder

wasder

The Rascal King

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
TESV should definately be a single player game. And it seems that everyone (apart from 1 person so far) agrees. However, like Ricernick said, an online arena would be good. It would end many an argument over who's character is best with my mates.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.973 seconds