• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

chillum420

chillum420

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Wow don't ever use the acronym MMO and the words Elder Scrolls in the same sentence ever again. If they did decide to go that route it would not be the same game we all know and love. It would be an abomination. I think we play this game for the depth and fantastic story lines. I'm sure everyone would agree that MMO's have about as much depth as... something without a lot of depth.

That being said I'm positive they won't make an MMO. I'm looking forward to this next installment and it looks like I'll be saving up to upgrade my computer during the year 2009.

On a side note I hope TESV doesn't pull a FO3. I hated how there was usually only one quest per quest giver. If they take quest lines away from TESV I will be a very sad panda.

SrgInsane

SrgInsane

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
Well remember that bethesda had been working on oblivion before they released morrowind so, i would assume they had started it in 04/05

Sorrow421

Sorrow421

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
If they make the next Elder Scrolls an MMO i'll kill my self please BETH!!!!Not an mmo dont ruin the series make another game an mmo!!!!!:P geez

VincentAlliath

VincentAlliath

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
You know what would be nice? Taking us far back into the piece for some very early times lore adaptation. Perhaps being a young Yokudan (Redguard), a few years after the Isles of Yokuda sink, in the Yokudan army, getting ready to take over Hammerfell. You could be apart of the army, and work your way up and become a General of the Yokudan Army by the end, or something. Early Hammerfell would be nice to explore.

Of course, that poses the problem of being too focused.

For other early lore, we could also begin to traverse Akavir, or even be part of the movement that began to wipe out the Ayleids. I'd just like to see cities that slowly build up, really. It would be nice to see Towers, and "ruins" (although they wouldn't be ruined) that are actually populated by civilized people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps slightly further in the future, then? How does this sound?

The player is taken into custody for some reason. The player finds themselves in a large stronghold "somewhere in Summerset Isle" (perhaps in Sunhold, Alinor, or Lillandril. Those three are on the coast.), being taught how to fight, getting ready to get weapons, et cetera. This is the tutorial.
After the tutorial, all of the "slaves" are told to gather in the Courtyard, to be told their fate. One of the slaves, who was your companion/friend from the tutorial, tells you to follow him. You do, and he takes you to the unguarded Armoury where three other slaves are standing. There is a dagger on the table, and he takes it.

You ask him what is happening, and he tells you that he'll start a riot in the middle of the crowd, and maybe they can overwhelm the guards. "We'll just have to stab a few people, and run away", he says.
When you begin to gather in the courtyard, and a man is in the middle of a speech, telling of how the "slaves" will be traveling (by ship) to Thras, your companion turns to you and tells you to follow him. He slashes a person in front of him, and runs through the crowd, hiding the dagger.

You follow him to a small secluded area of the stronghold, and he tells you to get some rest. When you come to, he's dead, and a few guards are standing about with the General of the Army in front of you.

It turns out that of the original 500 or so slaves that were there, 250 are left. Half of them were slain for no reason because of "your friend". The guards are all fine.

You are then told the full story of what is going to happen, how you'll be traveling to Thras, to try and make contact with the Sload. You are told you'll no longer be serving in the army, and you'll be traveling in one of the last ship's, and you'll be part of the settlers. (That's the reason you don't get any armour or weapons to begin with.)

So basically, you'll start the game in Thras, and the Main Quest will be you doing collecting missions, and eventually getting into the Army and eventually being able to make contact with the Sload. There will be Sload who want to join with the people of Tamriel, and Sload who do not.

Et cetera, et cetera.

Expansion packs might allow the character to return to the Summerset Isles, or perhaps travel to Pyandonea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Failing that, there are many other countries available. Valenwood would be nice, considering we'd have a new race to choose from (The Imga), and there would probably be a lot of tree communities.

Butcher Pete

Butcher Pete

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was really rooting for our new game's province to be the Summerset Isles - a few islands would be great for mods and a feeling of being isolated in this one area (as we see with Vvardenfell in Morrowind, as opposed to the invisible walls of Oblivion.) After MK's Christmas gift though, and all the other small things building up to it (the copyright claims, etc.) it is almost certain that this next game will be set in Skyrim.

Vincent: I kind of like you idea, though replace Thras with the Summerset Isles for a bigger game (Thras is really quite small) and for lore compatibility (no one in their right mind would ever contemplate contacting a race that nearly wiped out half the population of Tamriel.) A similar plot would also work with some kind of renewed contact with Akavir as well. That would certainly provide a lot in the 'out there' category that Morrowind fulfilled and Oblivion tried to with the Shivering Isles.

VincentAlliath

VincentAlliath

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Vincent: I kind of like you idea, though replace Thras with the Summerset Isles for a bigger game (Thras is really quite small) and for lore compatibility (no one in their right mind would ever contemplate contacting a race that nearly wiped out half the population of Tamriel.) A similar plot would also work with some kind of renewed contact with Akavir as well. That would certainly provide a lot in the 'out there' category that Morrowind fulfilled and Oblivion tried to with the Shivering Isles.

That's why they were training slaves at the beginning, and why your companion had access to the weapons. Why they weren't locked. They were being trained for combat against the Sload so that after contact had been made, if there were attacks, the entire army would be there, and they would have slaves, who didn't matter, to be used primarily as cannon fodder.
Then, as usual, you get the usual nerfed end-of-main-quest position as General of the Thrassian Advance Force, (Like the Champion of Cyrodiil).

EDIT: Now that I think of it, this could give a lot of Assassin opportunities and Thief opportunities...

When the contact is made, and the Sload Council agrees to a truce and all that, and there are Sload who support you, you could join a small squad that (you can rank up in) performs low- and high-profile assassination's on those leaders who oppose the truce/alliance.
You could also steal Icons of Power from those leaders or something, too.

The Fighter's/Mage's Guild side of things will be in the Battle against the larger forces (armies/warbands) of Sload that attack your Army.

MorganKnives

MorganKnives

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 69 posts
Great, another game for me to get addicted to. At least I'll have graduated by that point so I wont have any homework to it to interfere with.

sadboyzz

sadboyzz

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Some wishes:
1. NO MMO
2. Implement some (or all) ideas from Deadly Reflex (timed block, shield bash, dodge, etc.)
3. Improve the stealth system, integrate some elements from <<Thief>>
4. Better UI and hotkey system for PC (1-8 unconfigurable hotkey is hardly better than no hotkeys at all. I'm so fed up with having to open the inventory to find a potion or poison half way through a heated battle)

vipresa

vipresa

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
I'm also looking foward to TES V, I'll see what they're to get done...

VincentAlliath

VincentAlliath

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Some wishes:
1. NO MMO

QFT. And it's obvious.

2. Implement some (or all) ideas from Deadly Reflex (timed block, shield bash, dodge, etc.)

No. I tried using Deadly Reflex, and it seems pretty useless to me. If you want this, you can wait for it to be made for TES IV. It's a well-scripted mod, yeah, but scripting that is a waste of time. If it can be scripted for Oblivion, it will/should be able to be scripted for TES IV.

3. Improve the stealth system, integrate some elements from <<Thief>>

Apart from some of the AI of NPC's, the Stealth system is fine. If you want to put in someone's Mod/ideas then take the Guard Overhaul and implement most of it.

4. Better UI and hotkey system for PC (1-8 unconfigurable hotkey is hardly better than no hotkeys at all. I'm so fed up with having to open the inventory to find a potion or poison half way through a heated battle)

QFT, but what do you propose?
The ability to CTRL+<Hotkey>? Hotkey the row of numbers (at the top of the keyboard) with the NumPad as a different set?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.138 seconds