Feedback for Billing and self membership cancelation

CrowProNate

Hello all, well this is mainly pointed at moderators of both the website, and forums. I created my account a couple years ago when NMM was running like no tomorrow and membership honestly was not needed as you could download multiple things at a time, each at 1mb/s. That was not bad. With Vortex I seem to only be able to download 1mb/s cap no matter how many things i try downloading. So begrudgingly i bought a membership. But now i have no way to stop it, I wrote about it, and someone said that a moderator needs to cancel it for you. But what if no moderators are around, or if the truly don't stop it. you are powerless. That shouldnt be. it should be as easy to cancel a membership as it is to purchase one. if this happens i will probably purchase a lifetime membership just to make it easier on myself.

Edited by CrowProNate

So begrudgingly i bought a membership. But now i have no way to stop it,

I'm not sure if you have cancelled your membership, but your account is showing Supporter, not Premium.

As far as cancelling goes, I'll copy in the response we give to these enquiries via email.

Hi there,

If you would like to cancel your recurring payment to the sites then please log in to your Pay Pal account and cancel the subscription from within your Pay Pal account. Once that's done you will no longer automatically send a payment to the site when your membership expires.
Thank you for your support.

While not ideal, please know that we are working on a brand spanking new membership system to replace the existing one. Once that is complete you should be able to cancel your sub through the site itself. We'll be writing up detailed documentation to go with it when it's released.

• 4 months later...

I will probably opt for the yearly subscription which will limit any moderator intervention. I respect the guys but i still would like to be able to cancel myself whenever I want or feel like it. I think that the website should look into modern systems that allow cancellation and have a better outlook overall. Paypal is not ideal and when it comes to better solutions I've seen quite a few forums using maxpay.com which is a much better idea as the coding and interface they use is user friendly. This is just a suggestion for people who are lazy to or don't want to talk too much to get things done.

Edited by Hodgfrog

I will probably opt for the yearly subscription which will limit any moderator intervention. I respect the guys but i still would like to be able to cancel myself whenever I want or feel like it.

I find it inconvenient to have to send emails and all that. What if I need to do it urgently and don't want to wait for human intervention which I'm sure it's not that fast.

You can cancel yourself at your leisure, provided you do so in PayPal. There is no need to contact staff.

I will probably opt for the yearly subscription which will limit any moderator intervention. I respect the guys but i still would like to be able to cancel myself whenever I want or feel like it.

I find it inconvenient to have to send emails and all that. What if I need to do it urgently and don't want to wait for human intervention which I'm sure it's not that fast.

You can cancel yourself at your leisure, provided you do so in PayPal. There is no need to contact staff.

it's like 1 click in paypal