Character Turns Invisible (no active effects)

beebophuckleberry

I was running through Bleak Falls Barrow. As I continued down a hallway and rounded a corner I suddenly became invisible. I could still hear my footsteps, I could draw my weapons, I could attack Drauger... basically everything worked normal but you couldn't see my character, nor the armor, no weapons, no spell effects in my hands from the flame spell. In fact, you could only see the fire after it left my hands and hit it's target.

I continued further down the hall and suddenly I wan't invisible anymore. I backtracked to where I first disappeared. Soon as I returned to that area of the hall I turned invisible again.

^^ This isn't the first time this has happened. I've ran through Bleak Falls Barrow 40 or 50 times and if I turn invisible it always happens near that same spot. The entire area I vanish in is about 10-15 paces long. Soon as I step out of that area I can see my character, armor, weapons, and spells.

Also, sometimes when I turn invisible, I can make myself reappear by turning the camera at a certain angle. But, soon as the camera leaves that angle my character can't be seen again.

Lastly, this happened in Embershard mine before too.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :smile:

Edited by beebophuckleberry

This happened again yesterday in Helgen Keep during the intro. In the keep, while running through a corridor, my character disappeared. I immediately stopped in place and opened the ENB menu while I was still invisible. I started turning off/on the ENB effects one by one. Suddenly, when I disabled/enabled complex particle lights my character reappeared. Particles are set to 10,000 in the ini.

I quit the game and reloaded the save. Sure enough, in the same section of Helgen Keep my character vanished again. I opened the ENB menu and this time my character reappeared when I toggled on/off sun rays. <---It doesn't appear to matter which ENB effects I enable/disable. What does seem to matter is that I 'fiddle' with a few settings by toggling off/on then it starts working again.

I also notice that this only happened in Helgen Keep, Embershard Mine, and Bleak Falls Barrow... all are dungeons/caves.